mtbr member
    Mar 2007

South Eastern Pa

I'm in the alllentown area and things up here are pretty ice/sleet covered and by this weekend most of the trails will be swamped with water.

Could anyone give any feedback on how the trails looking at places like French Creek or Wissahickon?

Otherwise its to the road on the fixie!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    you can find trail conditions for the wissahickon here: www.phillymtb.com
    “Driving a car versus riding a bike is on par with watching television rather than living your own life.”

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    it is pretty damn muddy down here (philly).

with highs in the 40's predicted for Saturday i think the best bet would be to give the trails a rest.

i hate riding road but this may be the second weekend in a row i am forced to duke it out with the cars on the fixed gear.

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    French Creek is a mess. The amount of downed trees across the trails is amazing. You can still get a good ride in, but be prepared to dismount and climb over a bunch of crap.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

How's Allentown

I'll be in the Valley on Saturday through XMas. You mentioned muddy. How is Sal, Jordan,Lehigh or the canal. Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks for the heads up.

All the trails in the vally are still covered with ice and sleet and with the weather forcast for the next couple of days I see them turning into a mud pit. Hopefully by next weekend things will be rideable again.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Hit up,....

Mtbnj.com for rides right across the border. I think Round Valley/ Labonon are good rides. Northerners are coming to Hartshorne and Allaire this weekend, but you Delaware River folks could hit up Mercer County Park, Clayton, or long R&D trail for 29 miles of Cyclocross biking.
    TeamBulldog.com Cyclecraft.com Mtbnj.com JORBA.org