mtbr member
    Jun 2004

For some fun "North Shore" type riding come to Spring Mountain!!

Hey just letting you downhillers out there know that Spring Mountain has some kick ass downhill runs. The slalom course was fun until the bastards plowed the lower half. Yeah well I guess they had to make it easier to mow or some **** like that. Anyhow Spring Mountain makes Mt. Creek in New Jersey look like crap. I went up there last Saturday and I was dissappointed. The place is way to calm.....they need a lot more decent sized drops and jumps. Lots of Posers up there too.

Suburban Redneck
    Did SM redo the slalom course? I remember when they first opened it (2000?), I wasn't all that impressed with it. But I thought I heard some of the guys from the LBS saying it was being reworked. Also, how is the XC area? I might have to take a ride up there sometime........

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Yeah the slalom has been redone since 2000......actually a huge amount has been done at Spring since 2000. What is LBS???? I wouldn't know about the XC area....I am a downhiller for the most part so I don't venture on those trails to often. They still have the big race every year so it must not be too bad.

mtbr member
    Cool I would go for the XC. LBS is local bike shop. Where are you guys? I would go there but I have a Hardtail XC bike.

Suburban Redneck
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer9
    Cool I would go for the XC. LBS is local bike shop. Where are you guys? I would go there but I have a Hardtail XC bike.
    I am in Ambler, Montco. About a half hour from Spring Mount. I'd go, but I'm a fat bum! lol Actually, I wouldn't mind just taking a ride up to check it out, if I could remember how to get there. I suppose I'd also be interested in the XC since I'm on an i-Drive. Not really a DH bike by any means, although mine is set up more for trailriding than racing.......

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    they did flatten most of the slalom. I ride the XC trail a couple times a week and I like it. If you are a downhiller it looks like a good spot.