ride more
    Mar 2007

snow ride at the moon

Naner, jkelch and I hit up the moon this morning, conditions were good. There was one set of tracks there, and we ran into dirtrider6 layin down some pugsley tracks on our way out. It was a great ride, didn't get many pics, I was busy trying not to fall down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails snow ride at the moon-snow-day-%40-moon-lake-001.jpg  

snow ride at the moon-snow-day-%40-moon-lake-003.jpg  

snow ride at the moon-snow-day-%40-moon-lake-006.jpg  

snow ride at the moon-snow-day-%40-moon-lake-008.jpg  

snow ride at the moon-snow-day-%40-moon-lake-009.jpg  

snow ride at the moon-snow-day-%40-moon-lake-011.jpg  

snow ride at the moon-snow-day-%40-moon-lake-013.jpg  

snow ride at the moon-snow-day-%40-moon-lake-014.jpg  

snow ride at the moon-snow-day-%40-moon-lake-016.jpg  

Gives me PEACE of mine
    Very fun today. Good post ride brew. Got to get these rides in while we can.

Go for the throat
    They must have been my tracks. I rode yesterday and was the only one there. It was great. Apparently a lot of animals use the same trails we ride. Seeing animal tracks was the only way I could find the trails at times.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    yeah, it's funny to think of random animals out there roaming the trails.... Thanks for the tracks, made it easier for sure.

wounded knee
    Good seeing you guys out there, it was a weird snow, it really didn't pack under the tires very well, to ight and powdery.
    JD you take the same loop I do when I go up by myself, I know couse your tracks were in front of me the whole ride.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member

Super Powdery.....

....like the pics....especially the ones with pines holding little pillows of snow on their branches in the background................I thought it might be pretty slippery underneath the powder it has been frozen for a while.......still looks like you had fun....and the trip to Berwick Brew.....always good....Thanks for sharin' the ride and pics.....Ride/Slide On!

btw...the Peace 9r....looks like it belongs in a James Bond flick or the 4th level of the dream in Inception....camo white Finnish ski bike!!!!!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

ride more
    Mar 2007
    yep, fun stuff, I thought my bike looked kinda stealthy as well...

mtbr member
    Great ride great brew! I haven't been so snow covered since I last went skiing The most fun was slipping around the roots you could not see. Nanner wins the hill climbing award, he rocks up hill in the snow

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m
    yeah, it's funny to think of random animals out there roaming the trails.... Thanks for the tracks, made it easier for sure.

I hit Swatara yesterday and I was thinking the exact same thing. There are TONS of tracks along the trails, guess they take the path of least resistance as well! Just follow the tracks...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Got in a late ride at the Moon yesterday. Wish I had a camera. The sky was pink, sun was setting as I rode across the field in a light snow. Short ride but fun.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by glahnb
    Got in a late ride at the Moon yesterday. Wish I had a camera. The sky was pink, sun was setting as I rode across the field in a light snow. Short ride but fun.
    Was there still lots of traction, or was it getting slippery ?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Ride at the moon

What were some of the trails you rode? I've ridden there thru out the year but have never ridden there with the white stuff on the ground.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    We rode most of them, steering clear of nfs and 5858, we also didn't ride the swampy areas like the dark and skinny. It a great place to snow ride!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Was there still lots of traction, or was it getting slippery ?

It was pretty good. A light powder, nothing was really packed down yet. I slid a few times testing the limits of the tire and stuff.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by glahnb
    It was pretty good. A light powder, nothing was really packed down yet. I slid a few times testing the limits of the tire and stuff.
    Sweet, hopefully we don't get hammered with snow tonight, I'd like to get back up there on sat.

mtbr member
    yep, fun stuff, I thought my bike looked kinda stealthy as well...
    What bike?
    smells like cotton candy.....

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    rode there today and conditions were good little slippery if you push it too much, best to just sit and spin if you torque it you loose traction only a few spots left where i got to put virgin tracks down

Gravity's Gone
    White on white. Really makes the tires stand out.
    Last edited by nankerphelge; 01-12-2011 at 11:55 AM.