mtbr member

Slocum Conditions?

Anyone know if Slocum is ok?? thinking about a ride tomorrow..
    Thanks is advance.
    Joe
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I have not been out there lately, but I live just a couple miles away and we have a couple inches of crusty snow overall.

I'd expect somewhat less snow coverage on the trails, and unless there's been a lot of usage (hiking or biking) on the trails I'd expect them to have an inch or more of frozen accumulation at this point.

If you wait until the temps go over-freezing (was sub-freezing all day today) then with very knobby tires you should be okay (or studded) but with normal tires i'd expect the climbs to e very, very challenging.

I'd also expect mud/water collection at all the usual spots.

mtbr member
    Bear, thanks for the update. We rode there today around 2pm, there were a few tracks already down. Most of the snow was packed down and easy to ride. (man ya gotta love Nevegals) Some slush and muck, lots of slippery roots as one would expect. All and all not a bad ride, this type of weather is not my cup of tea, but some good company made the ride well worth it.
    (sorry for the sill pic..TT took ot with his phone..)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slocum Conditions?-100media36imag0960.jpg  

"foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkad View Post
    Bear...conditions...pic
    Don't apologia for any pic, thanks for sharing!

Sounds like it is consistent with other 'on the hill' stuff ... Which is good.

Killed my legs out an Moon today though, slow-grunt SS is sometimes tough work. Slocum would have been more painful for me!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD