Jason

Slime Scabs SUCK!!!

I was about 20 miles from home heading out toward Tunkhannock on the cyclocross and ended up flatting out on State Route 92. I went through two scabs and made it back to West Falls before running out of scabs. I was forced to call my wife at work to drive from Kingston all the way out to where I was to pick me up. Slime Scabs = complete FAILURE!!!

Okay... I feel a bit better now.
    Jason

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I've always had good luck with slime scabs, been riding with one on a tube for several months

Jason
    I'll be switching back to the old style of patches that use a bonding type of glue instead of just an adhesive.
    Jason

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Late to the party, but I'm having the same problems with this patches. Just patched an innertube 3X and the patches keep failing. They SUCK!

John has a long moustache
    As an aside Dexetr30, if you ever find yourself in this situation again you can cut the tube at the hole, tie a knot in both ends and reinstall it. It will get you home. I had to do it once last year on a century ride. I rode the last 10 miles on a 700c x 35 with a knot tied in the tube. It was a little lumpy feeling at speed but it got me there.
    I'm not name-calling. I'm just listing the facts. The fact is that you did NOT have 6in inserted----alexrex20