^ The Trail Starts Here ^

Ski Slopes Hidden Gems

To all:

Evader is on to something here.

We should all call, the local ski slpoes and ask for permission to ride there. Most ski slopes have miles of trails on their proprerty. Insurance shoud be right on par with skiing, so it shouldn't be a problem. Thing is finding out the correct contact at the ski slope. The spode who answers the phone won't cut it. More like we have to find the meeting or head contact to start the ball rolling.

Larry F. What about ELK? Any interest there?

I'm working on Montage!

What the heck is the name of the other ski slope Mt Tone?
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

Wizard of the Trail
    Hey Guys,
    From what I have heard, Montage is supposed to open for MTBers. I know an avid skier that bikes and he brought it up to me. I don't have any info about it besides that.
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

mtbr member
    Mt Tone unfortunately went under 2 years ago.

As far as Elk, It's been brought up several times to Greg (GM) and he said it's not what their looking for mainly cause of summer construction (digging up pipes, ditches...) Some other issues are the owners. There are several owners of the mtn. One owns lookers left of the double lifts. Moore owns the other side, and there's a couple others involved. Moore is the hard one to deal with. Being that I work there, I'd prefer to not truly be in the middle of it with Greg and Moore. Though I will bring it up to them this winter and throw Greg a bone. The ski season puts a toll on them and I really don't think they'll bite, but... You never know. There's a ton of natural stuff I see up there all winter that I see and say I'll come back in the summer and hit. Of course I never do and really don't think of it until the winter comes and I'm staring at it every lift ride.
    FWIW. You can ride up there (or hike) as long as you don't alter anything. Most people will pedal up the access road and go down Delaware or Lehigh.
    Fahn

Larry:

Elk is still the best ski area! They treat you like a person, and the gromming is great also!
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Hey lee...we're riding at Prompton tomorrow (Sunday) 7am call me 587-9717
    if you're interested. or if you dare!!!
    Hope you can make it.
    Joe

Wizard of the Trail
    I hope its a dry day for you guys. I was riding there yesterday and it started pouring. Can you say treacherous? My bike was deflecting off of everything. Lots of slick rock and roots. It was fun, but scarry. LOL I almost crashed a few times. My nephew hit some rocks at high speed, crazy kids, and he looked like he was on ice. It was like he was pointed straight but skidding sideways. He took it down a notch after that. Have fun guys!
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proformance Cycle
    Larry:

Elk is still the best ski area! They treat you like a person, and the gromming is great also!
    True! Elk was rated by SKI mag. #1 for grooming, snowmaking and something else In the Mid-Atlantic. They have 4 newer Pistin Bully's for grooming. They start grooming the far trails around 6pm and go until the following morning when the lifts are ready to open! 12-14 hrs of slow, smooth grooming. Of course, not all trails get groomed.

Jkad:

Sorry I can't make the ride Sunday thanks for the invite. I have some friends down from New England this weekend to do some Trials riding on the Gas-Gas.

LC
    proformance58@cs.com