Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Ski Denton Lift-Serviced Schedule 2007

We had alot of rider input regarding our second season of lift serviced downhill and all-mountain riding at Ski Denton. Well, let's see if we came to a reasonable compromise. Here is our planned operating schedule for the 2007 biking season:
    Memorial Day weekend will be the opening weekend, just as before. We will operate every saturday and sunday 9:00 am to 4:00pm from May 26th through July 15th...break for archery and other possible new events...resume september 1 (Labor day included) every saturday and sunday through october 14th.

Memorial day weekend - FESTIVAL including, demos, portable terrain set-up, family style races(events), back country tours, clinics, CROSS-COUNTRY RACE ONE DAY AND A DOWNHILL RACE THE OTHER DAY.

October 6 - Mid-Atlantic Super Series marathon finals will be hosted at Ski Denton

Others events in the works.

www.skidenton.com
    summer side of the site should be up in a week or so

Hope we pleased as many as we could. Can't wait to get the season started and see all our friends again...and hopefully MEET many, many new ones!

mtbr member
    You'll be closed for a month and a half???

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    well, in that area, there's a lot more archery hunters than mt bikers. and a lot more people travel to this state to hunt than to ride bikes.

good to see things progressing up north of here. this is encouraging news. no doubt people will be heading there regularly.

3 "fiddy" for short
    Good to hear from you Denton. I was going to call you this week to see what is up for this year. No need. Have you guys decided on any new features in the terrain park? I cant wait to come up this summer.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    plans for expanded trails and terrrain features...just waiting on approval from bureau of parks. details will be on the summer side of the web site when the web designer is finished with it...shoulg be online soon

3 "fiddy" for short
    Thanks. We cant wait.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    We're thinking about a rider input trail and terrain design session some saturday in april or early may. We stand on the commitment to making Denton a place that meets all riders desires...cross-country, downhill, all mountain, terrain park features, etc... Any interest out there?

Lockport Rippers
    Jul 2006

I'll help

I would be up for helping build or anything like that, we have had a few successful work days down at my trails so I know there are willing builders around here.

Duffy

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Trail Map

Here is the trail map (i guess in our members gallery) that is going in the 2007 brochure. It evolved all last season...sure it will continue to do so.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    white are ski slopes/trails that will have dirt terrain features on for 2007
    brown are graded trails
    blue are singletrack

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Anyone here members of clubs in Pa?

Keep on Rockin...

Bmta

Quote Originally Posted by denton
    Anyone here members of clubs in Pa?
    Big Mountain Trail Association. I wanted to talk to you about it soon. Maybe this coming week (after Monday). A few times I meant to stop by in March but you got hit with some good snow so I figured you were probably too busy to talk bike.

Mike (from the top of the hill)

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    sounds great...just let me know when

mtbr member
    Any updates on this? Don't see anything on the www site yet. Looking for a week-long summer camping destination. This would definitely be a draw. What are the camping options available in this area?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    we're PATIENTLY awaiting the web guys to get the summer side of the site up

we have camping available on site...and cabins as well
    also, the POtter County Family Campground is a full service campground located about 2.5 miles from us on route 6

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Someone has to start the jump on the bike parks in Pennsylvania.The first years profit should cover the equipment/rentals.Get some bikes,some dozers,and boom.

mtbr member
    See you in June

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    if we are only interested in the downhill race,should we still show up friday night/early sat?and sat,will there be time to make practice runs and/or walk the course?
    so this is how you add a signature!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    All three courses, beginner intermediate and expert, will be set and clearly marked for practice runs throughout the weekend...summer side of the site is up and more information is being added daily...there will be two-day discounted lift tickets available: $40 adult, $20 Junior; downhill and xc races registrations $20...prizes based on racer numbers.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Our summer site is now up, most info for festivals, races, and the season is ready...will do course profiles for the XC and downhill races and get them up soon!
    www.skidenton.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Denton....thought of you when I saw this.

http://www.dirtrag.com/web/news-article.php?ID=908

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

dirtrag article

Funny there would be a seminar at Stowe. Last I knew, Stowe did not have any riding going on there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I think that is the whole idea of the seminar. They will be taking a look at what has worked and what has not at ski areas around the country.

There is plenty of riding in Stowe....just not at the ski area.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

stowe

I'm talking downhill. Most riders go to ski places for downhill. I can ride xc anywhere, so I'd be less likely to drive any long distance for that. That being said, I'm not trying to knock Stowe, just wondering why they'd have that seminar instead of one of the other slopes in VT that actually have riding going on already.

Keep on Rockin...

Hey Scott,

Quote Originally Posted by denton
    Our summer site is now up, most info for festivals, races, and the season is ready...will do course profiles for the XC and downhill races and get them up soon!
    www.skidenton.com

You around this weekend?

Mike J

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast