mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Ski Denton Lift Serviced

I've been watching the bits and pieces of information on the forums about Ski Denton opening for biking - figured I'd set all the facts staight. We have opened the mountain up for biking on Saturdays and Sundays. The triple chair is carrying bikes and riders to the top (lifties loading and unloading bikes - just sit back and enjoy about a ten minute scenic ride to the top) From there your have two options:
    For the Down-hiller:
    Several downhill singletrack runs. The ski slopes are open and mowed with scattered terrain features including tabletops and rock drops. Terrain park with teeter-totters and beams (more coming soon!) Trails, Slopes, and Singletrack range from easy to extreme - (some riders have compared us to Plattekill and Whiteface for the steeps) We are adding more trails weekly and existing runs are packing in nice.
    For the Cross-Country Rider:
    From the top of the lift there is a cross-country loop that is rolling with a constant downhill to the bottom. Several singletracks and trails drop from the loop for many possible trips back to the bottom. Something for every ability level.
    Hopefully this helps answer some of the gossip! I'll work on getting the map up on this site with some photos. Lots of feedback from western New York riders on cycle-cny.com forums, and on yahoo groups "gravity junkies" site. Lots of positives so far - we are looking forward to creating an area for everyone's interests and levels. The park sits on 750 acres - right now the possibilities seem endless. Come ride with us - rider feedback is building this mounatin.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    i looked at the site but im having trouble figuring out where this place is.i dont need directions,but if you could tell me where or what this place is near id appreciatie it.is it near pittsburgh?
    so this is how you add a signature!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Denton Directions

We're along route 6 in the north central part of the state. Potter County, between Coudersport and Galeton. There are directions on our web-site - www.skidenton.com. I know the site needs some work - we just took over ownership this spring and that is one of many improvements we have coming!!!

mtbr member
    Any idea when you guys will close for the season (first snow?)?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by denton
    We're along route 6 in the north central part of the state. Potter County, between Coudersport and Galeton. There are directions on our web-site - www.skidenton.com. I know the site needs some work - we just took over ownership this spring and that is one of many improvements we have coming!!!

"If you build it, they will come"

Please keep the info coming. Maps would be great.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Looking to stay open through October for leaf foliage scenic lift rides. We're thinking about a cross-country race for October also, and maybe a downhill event in September. I'll convert our trail map to a jpeg file and get it posted ASAP. Thanks for the response - I've heard the voice in my head telling me "If you build it, they will come". Hope you all come join us soon before my business partner thinks I've lost my Mind!

Keep on Rockin...

Nice...

Quote Originally Posted by denton
    Looking to stay open through October for leaf foliage scenic lift rides. We're thinking about a cross-country race for October also, and maybe a downhill event in September. I'll convert our trail map to a jpeg file and get it posted ASAP. Thanks for the response - I've heard the voice in my head telling me "If you build it, they will come". Hope you all come join us soon before my business partner thinks I've lost my Mind!
    Local riders are very happy to see this place developing. Personally I'm very excited. It has massive potential.

I'm positive, if done right, "Build it, and they will come."

Keep up the good work.

Mike

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Trail Map

If I did this right - here is our evolving trail map.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    The White trails are the open, mowed ski slopes; the brown are trails ( 3 to 10 feet wide); and the blue are single-track. Trail 4 is about three miles - first mile flat second two miles a 2-5% grade to the bottom (anyone can ride); Trail 6 continues over toward the cross-country area. Anything from trail 9 to the right is downhill. 25,26,30,31,and 32 have all been compared by riders to Plattekill and Whiteface! There are more trails we are currently marking on both the downhill and cross-country sides of the mountain.

mtbr member
    Can you post the prices? I have a few guys that have formed up a new rider's club and are interested in comming out on a weekend. Also, good job on getting it open. I work for Montage Mt. during the winter and talked to them about doing it here, but looks like that's not gonna happen, at least until they sell it.

Kevin
    Plains Bike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Plains Bike
    Can you post the prices? I have a few guys that have formed up a new rider's club and are interested in comming out on a weekend. Also, good job on getting it open. I work for Montage Mt. during the winter and talked to them about doing it here, but looks like that's not gonna happen, at least until they sell it.

Kevin
    Plains Bike
    Prices are listed on this flyer:
    http://www.skidenton.com/bikes.htm

Season Pass:
    $200 adults
    $150 juniors

Daily:
    $25 adult
    $17.50 junior

4-hours:
    $15 adults
    $10 junior

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    Hey Denton:

Skiing there is great also! Thanks for opening it up to Mt Bikers. We rode the old God's Country Course earlier this year. Is there any plans of a Mt Bike race in the area again ever? I did see the Laurel Classic might not run this year. Is Renzie Hans still open in Coundersport?

We will be up soon for a ride at Denton and some trout fishing in the Genesse!

GREAT AREA Denton ski area and Potter County, all should attend! Check out the Pa Lumber musem while your there!
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Denton Race Possibility

We're thinking about trying a cross-country sometime in October during the foliage season. A few different people have been asking about different events - Downhill and XC. Any thoughts on events or scheduling?

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    Denton:

You can try the Mid Atlantic Super Series
    www.masuperseries.com

Would be great to hook up with them. You would be right in the mix as far as people showing up to race. The closest race they do is at New Milford. Steve from New Milford bike shop is a great guy. Either way it woild be great to have the race in God's Country again.

LC
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Directions

How far from Philly? 3-4hrs?