Thread: Ski Denton????

AKA; Jimmy Tango

Ski Denton????

This weekend, my wife, myself, and another couple are driving to Ski Denton, from Lancaster, PA. I would like to have a better understanding of what it is like there. The pics on the Denton website are few, and I have heard conflicting info from different people; "ohh, its easy and tame", all the way to "its gnarly and really rocky, blah, blah". Does anyone have pics, or maybe a personal testimony. My friend and I's significant others are coming with there bikes, so there is two, spots, and my friend is bringing two, and I am going to bring 2, that makes six bikes. I have a full size chevy van. The following 3 bikes are my choices. I prefer HT's and between the 2 full suspension bikes I prefer to IH. I ride them the most. A lot of the stuff at Reading, I hit on all 3 bikes and prefer to shorter travel, to no travel to the full-on FR bike. I can only take two, I am leaning towards the two IH's. BTW there is nothing I won't hit with the lighter bikes that I wouldn't already do with the "big bike". Thanks

Hey, serisouly, I am not trying to sound like a Horses rear, I own that Kingfisher FR bike and NEVER ride it. Is this one of those times to ride it, or is it overkill. I ride my HT at Diablo if that helps to put perspective on things, but as the day wears on, I put the HT away and get out FS because I get fatiqued quicker on the HT, than a FS.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gop427; 05-28-2008 at 05:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    bit late for advice, but i'd take everyone to diablo and let the s.o.'s have fun on greenhorn.

denton kinda fell off the face of the earth after seeming really enthused in the beginning. i saw one post on here in the past 6 months or so, but i don't visit often.

AKA; Jimmy Tango
    We went to Denton because we had a place to stay for free. It is not Diablo, and all things being equal, I would prob select Diablo. However, Denton is not swarming with other riders, and it is a different type of mountain, primitive compared to Diablo, but I had a lot of fun, and that is what it all comes down to. I look forward to returning

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    gop, you prefer an HT at Diablo??? I've never been there, but with the two other options you have there, that doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me.

AKA; Jimmy Tango
    I appreciate FS, but prefer HT, I am not sure if that makes sense, but that is the case with me. I prefer HT's thats the way it is. I am not saying there better, or worse, or that others should follow suit. That is what I like though.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    I was just @ Denton on Sun. NOT Diablo, but tons of fun, cheap, no crowd, very freindly chill atmosphere.

AKA; Jimmy Tango
    Yeah, I was there on Sunday, good time! We were there early, and had to leave around 12:30, I broke one of my helmets into pieces and was feeling a little flaky on the two runs after the wreck. I ended up having to get out my full face for the remainder of the time. Plus we had to drive home to Lancaster, 4 hour drive.