Rider of Bikes

Sick of Mud In Pittsburgh

Is the mud ever going to go away in the Pittsburgh area? I don't mind riding in it, but I hate cleaning the bike afterwards. Boyce Park is a mess, and Hartwood Acres is a mess. All the more reasons to ride "urban". I know we live in the northeast, but the past couple of seasons have been really wet. Is anyone else feeling my woes, or am I just a big cry baby?
    [SIZE="5"]dirtyharrys.net[/SIZE]
    http://dirtyharrys.net

mtbr member
    I live in SEPA otside of Philly and the trails here are really muddy in short sections even after no rain for a month (Probably not going to happen here for a while). I hate the mud. I was just on a trail last weekend and it was just not possible to ride through the thick 5 inch deep mud so I gave up and went back to the road and just rode around.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeboyjeff
    Is the mud ever going to go away in the Pittsburgh area? I don't mind riding in it, but I hate cleaning the bike afterwards. Boyce Park is a mess, and Hartwood Acres is a mess. All the more reasons to ride "urban". I know we live in the northeast, but the past couple of seasons have been really wet. Is anyone else feeling my woes, or am I just a big cry baby?
    I was just out at Hartwood this past weekend and it was still very muddy. I guess all this rain is going to be arround for a while too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I hear you! I'm sick of the mud.You ride the cold frozen sh*t all winter waiting for spring
    and summer and then Western PA gives you the typical cloudy/showers EVERY DAY!!!! Thank goodness I went to discs this year. Last year I blew through a set of rims
    and about 9 pairs of v-brake pads! I gotta get out of this city (Pittsburgh!) can't live with
    it...can't live with it!
    Like jelly roll, Like sculpture.

Burninator
    I was riding in Schenley Park (I live in souf oaklin) and even the walking trails were a mess. Frick park is probably the same so I just rode on the paved trail to down town. Hopefully the next few days are rain free to dry things out.
    Only twenty minutes ago he had decided he would go mad, and now here he was chasing a Chesterfield sofa across the fields of prehistoric earth.