mtbr member
    Jun 2006

shortcut thru wiss

My buddy and I were riding on the Ridge avenue side, northbound (just after descent and climb from summit ave) when we came across a woman pushing a '1960's era street cruiser.
    We thought either 1. she's a kick-ass rider or 2. she's lost. Turned out it was 2. She was going to a dentist appointment and a friend of hers reccomended that she take a short cut through the park
    Not sure what her friend was thinking but we gave her directions back to Summit ave and let her use my buddies cell phone to check in with her dentist.
    Seems like we commonly come across some bizzare situation when riding there
    Anyone see the Tae Kwondo guy lately?

mtbr member
    saw a guy with a hawk on his shoulder once. ive also run across a few mentally disturbed people as well. thats funny though.
    Abington Wheel Wright Freeride Crew

2011 Trek Session 8

2012 Trek Remedy 9

2012 Niner MCR 9

SND. CPS.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Tae Kwon Do Guy

It seems as though no matter what time I ride at Wiss I see the Tae Kwon Do guy at the same spot. He is always stretching or doing something weird to one of the trees. That guy really freaks me out because he always seems to be in some sort of catatonic trance. I feel like one day he may try to eat my brain!

steel is real...heavy
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nickcapriotti
    It seems as though no matter what time I ride at Wiss I see the Tae Kwon Do guy at the same spot. He is always stretching or doing something weird to one of the trees. That guy really freaks me out because he always seems to be in some sort of catatonic trance. I feel like one day he may try to eat my brain!
    uh...i saw that guy four weeks ago and as I passed him, my buddy told me he turned towards me and and waved his arms at me in a "casting a spell on you" motion.

Plus i saw some peeps down on forbidden drive "healing" a downed tree.

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by nickcapriotti
    Actually, it's Tai Chi that he's doing. He's a character, for sure. I usually run into him while he's stretching on one of the fences/railings near Lincoln Drive. Pretty sure he's harmless enough, but he does like to work up an intense, angry-looking scowl when people 'disturb' him.
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    wait till you come across a crew of LARPer's

sure is fun to bike within the city.

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by max-a-mill
    wait till you come across a crew of LARPer's

sure is fun to bike within the city.

I was riding @ wissahickon with a couple friends a few weeks ago. At the end of the Demo trail (heading toward VGI), we came across a camera crew (ABC, iirc) who was there filming some sort of documentary. In addition to the camera crew, there was a big group of twentysomethings in matching maroon T-shirts. When they saw us coming, they quickly flanked both sides of the trail, raised their hands overhead forming a human 'tunnel' for us to ride through. One of them belted, "Everyone.... SPIRIT FINGERS!!" and they all started wiggling their fingers over our heads and cheering in what has to be one of the most genuinely strange displays I've seen in a while.

Didn't slow down long enough to see what the subject of the documentary was...
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick
    When they saw us coming, they quickly flanked both sides of the trail, raised their hands overhead forming a human 'tunnel' for us to ride through. One of them belted, "Everyone.... SPIRIT FINGERS!!" and they all started wiggling their fingers over our heads and cheering in what has to be one of the most genuinely strange displays I've seen in a while.
    Since then, have you noticed any strange growths, enhanced strength or endurance, honed psychic abilities?

Lez go.
    There were a couple of times where I thought I saw a group of guys pedaling downhill bikes and wearing body armor, but that might have been the peyote.
    Team C2G
    Jah is my copilot.