mtbr member

Shops near Pottstown PA

I'll be in Pottstown PA for two weeks on business and was wondering if anyone knew of a decent shop where I could rent a bike, road or mountain. Any suggestions on places to ride? Any group rides near there I can join?

Matt Leonard

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Not sure about shops that rent but there are plenty of good places to ride withn 20-30 minutes of Pottstown. Marsh Creek, Evansburg, and French Creek come to mind as well as probably a ton of other non-state park trails. Wissahickon is probably about an hour away and so is Delaware, where there are some nice trails.

Hopefully someone else can help you find a rental and this board is probably the best place to find a ride going on.

Freshly Fujified

Bikesport-Collegeville, PA

Bikesport in Collegeville rents bikes. They are about a 20 minute ride down 422 from Pottstown. Here's a link to their web site:

http://www.bikesportbikes.com/frontpage.cfm

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Another possibility, call these guys http://www.bikeline.com/locations/stores/pottstown.html. I suspect they do not rent, but call ahead of time and ask.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Tailwind in Schwenksville will rent you bikes and they are right off the perk trail. Green lane is only about 10 min or so from them and there is alot of riding to do over there. There are 3 major trails over there. The red trail is the easiest and the blue trail is the hardest. I think its rated a 4. here is a link to the reviews http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...x.aspx#reviews

tlg
    (enter witty phrase here)
    Collegeville is 15miles from pottstown. Schwenksville is 12miles from Pottstown. Bikesport in Collegeville is right on the perkiomen trail (literally). Tailwind is just a few blocks off the perkiomen trail.

The Perkiomen trail connects Collegeville, Schwenksville, and Green Lane. It is an old railroad bed converted to a trail. Flat and straight. Collegeville to Schwenksville 6mi. Schwenksville to Green Lane 8mi.

I live 5min from Green Lane. It really has some of the best riding around. Lots of singletrack, ups and downs, rocks, and roots. Some fast rolling sections and some pretty technical sections. If you want to ride there, I'd be glad to meet and show you around. There's a good 30+ miles of trails.

15min North of Green Lane is Bear Creek ski slope. They have a trail there as well. No lift. Pedal up and ride down. All singletrack and very technical comming down. Only about 10mi. of trials though.