mtbr member

Seven Springs, Sept. 9 2012

Here's an edit of GoPro footage from a recent Seven Springs trip. My footage is all the chest mounted camera with a blue Turner Highline, Justin's footage is the helmet mounted camera.

One of the best moments in the trip was Justin's run over the new drop on "Secret Stache." We rolled up to it & I expected him to stop & take a look at it first. Instead, he just stands up & just sends it off that big effing drop! Aah, to be in your 20's & fearless LOL!

Video is available in 1080p if you've got the time and internet connection . . .

Check out my You Tube Channel

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Nice...
    ...get that rider a BEER!

my fun has a hurting
    too bad you weren't there after we opened the new arena area of upper super connector!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdburch View Post
    too bad you weren't there after we opened the new arena area of upper super connector!
    I'll definitely be back before the end of the season. The new whale tails look pretty cool!

my fun has a hurting
    that's just the entrance feature. the bigger stuff is behind it.

mtbr member
    Great month up there so far. The big booter is sweet, honestly it's more fun than the whale tail. Last trip there (opening weekend of the new stuff) I finally cleaned the whole park, granted the only thing I hadn't done up til then was that rock drop with the super steep landing, the one that comes out right at the steep rock on EC1. No biggie, just a mental block up til then about being bucked on the steep ass landing. One thing I would like is for that trail to lead somewhere, it gives you hells of speed but spits you out right into the ribbon above the EC1 rock drop. I'll be there at least one or two more times this season. Hope the growth continues, especially a few more techy runs, I like the terrain of Frankenstien but its a bit flat.

my fun has a hurting
    steep and tech wont happen this year, but we are HOPING to be building on the north face of the mountain next year where there is a ton of steep and tech just begging for trails.

best way to connect the tank drop is to use the speed to shoot up and to the right and fly into frankenstein. just wait to turn until after you g out on the transition from the runout to the road.

mtbr member
    great video ! need to try to get there a ride !

mtbr member
    Thanks for watching the video everyone!

Hoping to get back up there this coming weekend if I can get someone to share the gas.

my fun has a hurting
    keep in ind that we are closed to the public saturday and sunday for the GES finals. we're open for riding tomorrow (friday), but this weekend you either have to race or spectate.

mtbr member
    keep in ind that we are closed to the public saturday and sunday for the GES finals. we're open for riding tomorrow (friday), but this weekend you either have to race or spectate.
    Aaah. Glad you posted this. Need to start checking websites BEFORE I make plans . . .

I'd race, but don't need external validation of how slow I am LOL.

CC
    Oct 2004
    Please cut the tree down at the 7:51 mark in the video. It is just plain dangerous. There is no bark left on it from people hitting it and the tree is dead already. There is really no point in keeping it there, adds nothing but danger.

Video is nice tour. Like the look of the new booter.
    Last edited by Cant Climb; 09-28-2012 at 10:48 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Damn I wish I wasn't just recently put on a weekend shift. Couldn't help watching that and thinking that my HT 29er would tear most of that up. Great work Colin!
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

my fun has a hurting
    psh. there's nothing dangerous in that section of ec1. the only reason its fun is because its so tight and swoopy in there. we just ran the GES finals down that trail in the super slop from a week of non stop rain (plus 2 inches over night between practice and race day) and there were exactly zero crashes there. at race speed. the trails are already so groomed and flowy that they would just be incredibly boring if we widened them out everywhere.

you probably wouldnt have nearly as much fun on your 29er ht as you would on even a dj bike. lots of jumps and a few nice steep chutes and some (but not nearly enough!) burly rock lines. we do have a rental fleet of downhill bikes but you should call ahead to reserve one if you can, or just be a short dude and borrow one of mine for the day.

my time on staff is up for the year as i have to go back to the real world and sit at a desk all day again, but it was a really challenging, and very rewarding, task that we set for ourselves with rehabbing the park this year. i'd like to think that the rehabbing of all the old trails along with the updated and new features we stuck in all over the place have made it a lot more fun to ride there and set the place up for a much brighter future than many of us locals saw after the last couple of seasons. most of the crew will be back next year and i know there are already rough plans for more great new stuff that should please a lot of riders looking for more challenging natural terrain. so make sure you guys keep paying attention to the changes that will hopefully continue through next season!

ALSO: the park is open every weekend this month so make sure you get out and get some late season gravity in!

mtbr member
    my time on staff is up for the year as i have to go back to the real world and sit at a desk all day again, but it was a really challenging, and very rewarding, task that we set for ourselves with rehabbing the park this year. i'd like to think that the rehabbing of all the old trails along with the updated and new features we stuck in all over the place have made it a lot more fun to ride there and set the place up for a much brighter future than many of us locals saw after the last couple of seasons. most of the crew will be back next year and i know there are already rough plans for more great new stuff that should please a lot of riders looking for more challenging natural terrain. so make sure you guys keep paying attention to the changes that will hopefully continue through next season!

ALSO: the park is open every weekend this month so make sure you get out and get some late season gravity in!
    Sorry that you're back at a desk! Tough tradeoff I'm sure, but good to have a job . . .

The park's been good this year & I haven't even seen upper SC yet. Thanks for your effort & creativity.