W.M.A.

New question here. SE PA - Saturday Ride??

anyone got plans for this saturday?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Teh GF and I are going to try and get out saturday and possibly sunday. She is really a beginner though. I have to stay on really tame relatively flat trails with her, and we go slow. I havent decided where to go yet though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I think I could be down for a ride this Saturday.

W.M.A.

white clay?

Quote Originally Posted by BShow
    Teh GF and I are going to try and get out saturday and possibly sunday. She is really a beginner though. I have to stay on really tame relatively flat trails with her, and we go slow. I havent decided where to go yet though.
    white clay may be a good spot - the trails are beautifully maintained - and i didnt find that it was that hilliy at all and very little technical stuff - well except for the skill course (another story) - it seemed that around every bend was another downhill... i really enjoyed it.

dont want to totally mislead - there are some hills but very ridable!

i would be down for another trip there... figure 45 min from WC

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    White Clay sounds good to me, I've been wanting to get there. Perhaps we could carpool a bit as well.

W.M.A.
    guys from downingtown MTB club are ridding wissi on saturday - may do that one - hmm wissi or white clay

here is their plan:
    Saturday: Wissahickon 9AM Meeting at rts. 202 and 30 to carpool. Parking at Bells Mill Rd.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Sounds good to me as well. A car pool would be great.
    Keep in mind that my girlfriend has only been on trails like 2 times, so we may go off by ourselves. She's physically fit, but lacks technical skills, and I dont wanna hold anybody back.

We're free pretty much all day, but would like to be back in West Chester, by 4:30 or so. The Iron Hill Twilight Crit is on Saturday, and We'd like to watch the pro races(women start at 5:30). It looks like its going to be warm, high 80's on Saturday. Maybe we should try to meet up sometime in the morning, if it works with everybody's schedule.

Hoopy Frood
    I might be up for a ride as well. I'd rather go to white clay than wissahickon but I'm not sure if I'll have time to do either. If I don't have enough time, I'll just head down to woodlawn for a couple of hours.

If you decide to go, post on here or pm me. I live in West Chester right by south campus so carpooling is an option.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

W.M.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by khill
    I If I don't have enough time, I'll just head down to woodlawn for a couple of hours.
    where is woodlawn?

i need to be back to WC area by 330ish fyi

Hoopy Frood
    Woodlawn Trustees/Brandywine Creek State Park on the Pennsylvania/Delaware border.

There's a couple places to enter the trails but most people park behind Red Lobster on 202 across from the Concord Mall. Lots of nice riding with a good mix of some rocky stuff, open fields, and wooded trails.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

W.M.A.
    also from the dtownmtb group....

There's a Saturday ride at Brandywine also. This group seems to alternate between Brandywine & Middle Run/White Clay on Saturdays.
    "This Saturday's ride will be at Brandywine Valley Baptist Church at 7 Mt. Lebanon Road in Wilmington at 9:00a."
    I'm still trying to coordinate with my guys fo figure out what we're doing this Saturday.

i will see if maybe we can get them to swing towards whiteclay and get a nice group together...

Bshow - dont let GF skill level deter you from coming out, its easy to drop out of the pack and meet up again... plus the most technical thing i rememeber from white clay is a plain old hill!! (skils park exluded) it would actually be a great place for her to ride and get comfy on the single track!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I live in West Chester as well and would be up for pretty much anything. I'd like to be back by 3-3:30 at the latest. I'd like to do White Clay but if the group is going elsewhere, I'm OK with that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowflag
    Bshow - dont let GF skill level deter you from coming out, its easy to drop out of the pack and meet up again... plus the most technical thing i rememeber from white clay is a plain old hill!! (skils park exluded) it would actually be a great place for her to ride and get comfy on the single track!
    Her skill wont deter me from coming out, but it may keep me from riding with the group. Sorry, guys...she comes first for now, at least until she gets some basic trail riding and repair skills. That being said, I'm thinking that I want to go try White Clay. IIRC, Brandywine Creek has a few steep hills and rock gardens that for now, I want her to avoid. So...If anybody wants to meet up Saturday morning in West Chester(or somwhere along the way) We can carpool down there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BShow
    Her skill wont deter me from coming out, but it may keep me from riding with the group. Sorry, guys...she comes first for now, at least until she gets some basic trail riding and repair skills. That being said, I'm thinking that I want to go try White Clay. IIRC, Brandywine Creek has a few steep hills and rock gardens that for now, I want her to avoid. So...If anybody wants to meet up Saturday morning in West Chester(or somwhere along the way) We can carpool down there.

I'm up for White Clay, haven't been there yet myself but have been wanting to check it out. Let's get a time/place to meet up. I'd personally like to get out fairly early (8-9ish) but whenever works. My bike rack only holds two bikes but I could get another one in the back as well if needed for carpooling.

Who's all planning on going? I'd like to get some plans going since I'm not sure I'll be around a PC all night.

W.M.A.
    white clay it is!

i have a big gas guzzling SUV that can fit 5 people - a little tight in the back seat - and 4 bikes on the rack plus in in the back...

meeting at 830 -9 works for me...

meet here : http://local.live.com/?v=2&sp=aN.qnp...te%2520clay___

if noting appears - zoom out once - it is WCU south campus parking lot at football stadium.

if it is easier for anyone you can call me six one zero 960 5263 thats my cell.

i will stop and pick up sanwiches (for post ride) from wawa if you want - just let me knoe what youd like...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    OK, I'll be there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    We'll be there by 9:00am.