40a

Scranton, need a guide..

I'll be in Scranton next weekend-- is there anyone local that could show me around? I'm looking to ride for several hours midday on Sat 10/9. Group rides.. Shop rides.. whatever... Gnarly and technical... casual and flowing.. whatever. Please post up or PM if you can ride.. or if you have ideas on where to look for help.

(NEPMTBA forum seems defunct)
    cosmic slop.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    NEPMTBA forum has been defunct as far as I can tell from a ways back, I gave up trying to keep connections going there or on their PITA to read shoutbox.

Good bit is that here in the MTBR forums and on the WVMTBA forums you have an active viewing base. Hubbard Bike club has a not-quite-dead forum too, but I have no idea of the active viewership.

With hunting season upon us a lot of places are not safe to ride on Saturday - but some of the parks where there is no hunting are good to go.

If you have just one day you can get a great big helping of trail out at Moon Lake Park, not exactly next to Scranton but close enough I'd think.

I have a habit of heading out of town on Saturdays, but if you don't get another ride hookup by Thurs or Fri then post-up or PM me and we'll work something out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I'm sure a couple of us will be at Prompton. It's about 1/2 hour from Scranton. (Easy drive from Scranton area). Message if you're interested. Prompton is great.
    Mike
    "My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb."-Tom Nuttal

40a
    Mike-- sent you a PM. Bear, looks like I should be set-- thanks for the quick reply..
    Last edited by 40a; 10-05-2010 at 07:35 PM.
    cosmic slop.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by 40a
    Mike-- sent you a PM. Bear, looks like I should be set-- thanks for the quick reply..
    np.

I've only been to Prompton once and need to get back there when I'm not knackered from the previous day's riding. Looks like good stuff up on those hills. ;^)

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Mike, lets not start too early. It's just too cold in the mornings.

40a
    Hey mike thanks A LOT for the hookup.. that area is beautiful and the trails were super fun. Not sure how you found Rob~ maybe you can link him to this thread. Rob, thx for leading and thx for the years of work to sustain those trails. If either of you get to the DC Metro area gimme a shout and id be happy to play tour guide. Nice t'meet you Beav~ sorry Prompton wasn't your bag today.
    cosmic slop.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Just wasn't into it today. I built my new bike the day before Prompton. I always ride bikes with long stretch with large frames and 120mm stem. This was a small frame with 70mm stem. Just didn't feel right. My front fork was all over the place and later locked up completely. First time I ever bailed out on the group ride. Did some road riding later on.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    No problem. I had a great ride, one of my favorite days at Prompton.
    Oh yeah, that tree you cleared at the end was absolutely sweet. I learned a lot by following you and Rob, so thank you.
    Mike
    "My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb."-Tom Nuttal