Spring! Spring! Spring!

Sat 12/4 11am @ Moon Lake Pk - diligent ride

That's 11am "FIP" so if you need prep time plan accordingly.

Expect 10-20 miles of riding, 3-4 hours-ish. A few snack stops.

"Diligent" means "almost but not necessarily social" pace. Limits stopping.

I am no racer-boi but intend to keep the pedals moving.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    I was actually planning on heading up that way Saturday.
    Do you guys meet anywhere imparticular? I have never been there before.
    If I'm going to be riding there anyway, I might as well ride with a group that knows the trails.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Starting at that time of day I'll park by the office. You just go in the main entrance and you'll see the office just on your right a couple hundred feet in. My bike carrier is a green subaru.

mtbr member
    How is this place? Is it technical at all, or is it mostly fireroad and double track stuff. I saw some of the video posted a while ago, but it's hard to tell.

I am not in the shape I should be (round is a shape though, right?) so my strength and stamina are not there, but technically, I can still let it go pretty well. (Not like I used to though, still being out of shape). I'd love some good technical stuff!

Did you ever have ham?

Quote Originally Posted by DethWshBkr
    How is this place? Is it technical at all, or is it mostly fireroad and double track stuff. I saw some of the video posted a while ago, but it's hard to tell.

I am not in the shape I should be (round is a shape though, right?) so my strength and stamina are not there, but technically, I can still let it go pretty well. (Not like I used to though, still being out of shape). I'd love some good technical stuff!
    There is something at the Moon for everyone!!! From service roads and relatively smooth trails to technical and trials areas. Most of the trails there have been designed to have good flow, although there are some that were purpose-built to be a real challenge to your riding abilities. Make sure you stop in the park office and grab a map!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I'd add that Moon is *not* a place to go and spin miles away, ala Blue Marsh Lake or Raystown Lake. It definitely has a "heart" wrapped around "PA has rocky trails."

Did you ever have ham?

Quote Originally Posted by bear
    I'd add that Moon is *not* a place to go and spin miles away, ala Blue Marsh Lake or Raystown Lake. It definitely has a "heart" wrapped around "PA has rocky trails."
    Very well said, Bear!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!