mtbr member
    Jan 2006

SAMBA Tour de Swatara - July 18th

Tour de Swatara ride - Swatara State Park MTB trails - Sunday July 18th, 8:30am State Park Lane. Brought to you by the fine folks of SAMBA

This is a group ride open to everyone. The ride will consist of a tour through Swatara State Park. Some railtrail, some old dirt road, a little blacktop to connect everything and then of course the sweet singletrack. There's some interesting stuff to see like the old canal lock and the Bordner Cabin. The railtrail/Old State Rd loop is about 13 miles and will loop back to the cars, the singletrack is about 10. Bring water and snacks, helmets are required, no one left behind.

We were gonna do a picnic post ride, but one of SAMBA's sponsors, Smokestack Lightning BBQ is only a few miles down the road and they have the best smoked BBQ around. So we'll be hitting that up for some post ride goodies.

If you have any questions post here or send me an e-mail at mountainbikemike@verizon.net
    Mike

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The weather is looking pretty good so far - partly sunny and 85.

It's a fun social ride.

Enjoy life's ride,
    Mike
    Mike

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I be there Mike,Andrea said I can not help out with any more trail maintenance unless I ride on the 19th(lol)

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bankofdad
    I be there Mike,Andrea said I can not help out with any more trail maintenance unless I ride on the 19th(lol)
    You may want to show up on the 18th
    Mike

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Jim I will do my best to join you.
    Please let me now what time you are leaving in the morning and maybe we can hook up somehow and drive up together.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Sounds like a good ride. I may make the trip, I've never ridden Swatara and this is the perfect chance.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Yeah the 18th might have more riders than my 19th I posted.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    thinking of heading out there this weekend. we ride rattling creek often, is there any similiarities? Also, what are the trails like as far as rock or smooth flowy singletrack? Let me know,, thank you

mtbr member
    Smooth and flowy. Few rocks, but a decent amount of logs. A couple water crossings. Trails are VERY well marked and laid out. I personally love the ride up there...give my back a break from Michaux...

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by borborpa View Post
    Smooth and flowy. Few rocks, but a decent amount of logs. A couple water crossings. Trails are VERY well marked and laid out. I personally love the ride up there...give my back a break from Michaux...
    ok, thank you. so 29er hardtail should be good? i heard nothing but really good things ablut this place.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiek118 View Post
    ok, thank you. so 29er hardtail should be good? i heard nothing but really good things ablut this place.
    29er rigid would be just peachy, so HT will be abso-fine.

mtbr member
    Yeah HT or rigid wouldn't really be an issue there. Of course...I know guys that ride rigids in Rattling Creek and Michaux...but they are nuts.