mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Salisbury trails

This Sat. morning 4 or 5 of us are coming to ride at Salisbury at about 7 am. I am the only one in the group who has ever ridden there. Once. We started up on top of the hill near a baseball field I think it was Dodson St. or something like that. I am looking for the most enjoyable loop about 10 miles or so. I also heard about an area with a rock garden. I enjoyed the riding there very much and wanted to show my friends. I know we went on the trail and took the first two rights then the next left. after that I am lost, I think we were on the red trail at this point. We rode about 8 miles that day( I was with some people from Valley mtn. bikers, Weds. ride) Anyway I did download a map from their website, it was the master loop map, but it all looks so confusing. Can anyone lead me(us) in the right direction. I want them all to have the same awesome ride I did the first time I was there!

mtbr member
    damn on any given saturday i do a ride about that time and would be glad to give a tour (although a not a very fast one) but i'm out of town this weekend. the best loop imho is counter clockwise from the ball field at the end of dodson st - yellow -> red(rt) -> orange (rt & make rt after st lukes switchback to lower orange) -> red(rt) all the way to lower lot, climb up red(the spanky) -> blue(rt) swtchbacks to ridge -> stay rt 2x then left after power line will take you to boulder rock garden - > red , cross road ,red -> yellow back to start = 9-10 miles, have fun!
    without hops the world stops

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'm planning on riding there this Sat. @ 9:00. I could maybe start @ 8:00. But 7:00?? Ouch!

I've only ridden there once, but I found my way around the yellow and red trails without much difficulty. I used the VMB map called "Sals_map_may%2007".

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    We are very early riders. It is the most beautiful time of day. We will probably be getting there more like 7:30 and starting to ride more like 7:45 or so. We have already started rides at six.

the unvarnished nonsense
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are you guys talking about Salisbury that's on #219 near Mt. Davis?
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    That is the map I was looking at. Thank you both. I used that map to map out mbikes directions and as i was doing it ,I kind of remembered which way we were going the first time I was there. Maybe we will see you there tduro. To let you know we aren't psyco riders but we are also not the slowest riders. I am the slowest rider of the bunch. I only started to ride last March.

VMB
    Quote Originally Posted by davis
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are you guys talking about Salisbury that's on #219 near Mt. Davis?
    Sorry davis, different Sals.

the unvarnished nonsense
    Quote Originally Posted by kkies
    Sorry davis, different Sals.
    After I googled for the above mentioned map and saw "Lehigh Valley" I realized it wasn't the town of Salisbury I sometimes drive through. Oh well.

Hey, is that avatar from Sigmund and the Seamonsters? I remember that show. Seriously weird.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

VMB
    Ding, Ding, Ding...Davis wins a prize! Those writers must have been smoking some serious herb back when that show was made.