mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Rothrock Trailmix

Hello,

Can anyone tell me why the trailmix is scheduled the day before the stoopid 50?

The trailmix is in year three of existance, the stoopid is 8yrs old now.

The stoopid has been held on father's day since day one.

Why would they schedule the trailmix the day before the stoopid?

grind3r

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Is the stupid 50 on fathers day this year? The SMT website still has it listed as TBA.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I thought they were a week apart last year.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    The Stoopid is on Father's day.
    https://www.bikereg.com/Net/21788

Last year they were just a week apart. this year they are one day apart.

Seems like a low blow from the trailmix organizers to move to the day before the Stoopid 50.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Lol are you involved with the Stoopid 50? Because you seemed to have signed up on MTBR for the sole purpose of creating this thread. Unmask yourself, troll!
    Transition Bandit 29
    Surly Ogre
    Surly Necro Pugs w/ Lefty PBR
    Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Rothrock Saturday Night Enduro?!!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Yes, I am trolling, but i can assure you, I have no ties with the stoopid 50.

Also, you can't escape the fact that the trailmix organizers are trying to push the stoopid 50 out of town. I'd like to see both races, but apparently the trailmix people don't want that.

Why they choose to do business like that is beyond me. Maybe they will chime in.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    As a co-promoter of the TrailMix, I would be happy to answer your race schedule conflict concerns. The TrailMix has been scheduled for the 2nd Saturday in June for the last three years. The TrailMix is scheduled on a fixed day of the month, not a floating day like Father's Day. The way the weekends fall in June this year puts the 2nd Saturday and Fatherís Day Sunday on the same weekend. Typically, when a reoccurring event is scheduled with the Bureau of Forestry, it is scheduled in a manner like the TrailMix (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th day of a month). This year, since the Stoopid is not scheduled in this manner, and is on a floating day (Fatherís Day), the races fall on the same weekend.

This year the Rothrock Challenge, a big running race scheduled annually for the 1st Saturday in June, falls on the same date as the TrailMix was last year. We could create drama and say they are trying to push the TrailMix out, or we could simply realize that they are just following their schedule and sticking with the 1st Saturday of the month.

Summertime is a busy time of year in Rothrock with events every weekend: TSE, Rothrock Challenge, TrailMix, Stoopid, etc. According to us, having two mountain bike races on the same weekend is a good thing, and most people we know are looking forward to the challenge of back to back races.

As far as the business end is concerned, the TrailMix is strictly a fundraiser for NMBA and the Bureau of Forestry, therefore, other events are not viewed as competition or a problem.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I have to say doing both would be a great way to do your own little stage race. They are both on a weekend so not time off work to do both races. Both are very economical to do and you can support both races organizers. I plan on both which will make for a great training weekend for longer races like the 101

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Yeah I was gonna do both, I was actually pretty excited they fell on the schedule the way they did. Anyone who has ridden cooper's gap knows that it is not a bad thing to be over there for two days.
    "...when I stand to climb I'm like the Hulk rowing the USS Badass up the Kickass River."
    -michaelscott

mtbr member
    Now that's great thinking.....A Mini Epic.....Do Both....I like it......Gonna try to rework my race schedule to make this happen....Wooohooo.
    Just Freakin' Ride

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    FWIW, looking back at the dates for the Trailmix and for the Stoopid:

The inaugural Trailmix was Saturday July 7, 2012. Last year the Trailmix moved to June.

The Stoopid has always been on a Sunday in June; as early as June 10 (2007) and as late as June 17 (2012). Half of the eight Stoopids (2014's being number eight) have fallen on Father's Day.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    The Stoopid has been on the 3rd Sunday in June for the last three years.