mtbr member

RollerCoaster Say Wut?

Started some of the heavy work on "RollerCoaster Say Wut?" trying to get it back in ridable shape after the logging. KrazCustoms and Willsie had it all scoped out for re routes and actually making it better than before! Humpin' up the equipment was quite a chore this morning....I left around 12:30 and just before I made it back to my car ran into some of the Chinese Downhill Crew coming up the hill with reinforcements.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RollerCoaster Say Wut?-229_337x600.jpg  

RollerCoaster Say Wut?-234_800x450.jpg  

RollerCoaster Say Wut?-236_800x450.jpg  

RollerCoaster Say Wut?-237_800x450.jpg  

RollerCoaster Say Wut?-242_800x450.jpg  

There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    nice work guys , hopefully i can make it to the next work day on R. C.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Man, that was a serous hike. Good stuff out there. Would be really nice with wheels. :P

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Great work Guys. Sorry I couldn't make it. Busy at Frances Slocum to some maintance.

Chris
    WVMTBA
    Wyoming Valley Mountain Bike Association
    www.wvmtba.com

mtbr member
    A great big thanks to Brian, Jeff, Chris, Bear, Gary and Joe for the tremendous help with this project. It was a huge undertaking to try to get this done in one day and I'm sure everyone would agree that considering how difficult it was to hike out to the top of it with all the equipment we needed, getting a decent crew together was the best way. Anyone who rode this before will notice the major change in landscape however the topography is the same and we tried to make the best of it wherever a re-route was required. It's going to take alot of breaking in to get it fast and smooth again, but I think in the long run it'll be woth the effort we put into it. All that's left to do with this section is some dirt work to level out the skidder tracks and then we can pick at the rest of this "Upper Earth" trail system.

Middle Finger is cleared but might be soft in one or two areas - we'll have to keep an eye on it but it should be fine once it's dried out.

Dead Deer - haven't been there yet but wasn't affected by the logging at all.

Killer Bee - needs a heavy clearing or a re-route but for now that trail can be skipped until we can get to it

Hell Trail - the beginning is a mess, but after 50-60 feet or so the rest of the trail should be unaffected by logging but probably needs general maintenance.

Nowhere - should also be unaffected, but haven't yet been there.

In short, the "Upper Earth" trail system should be pretty much rideable but be cautious until everything is taken care of. If Brian and I address any of the problem areas I mentioned, I'll post again on this thread with a progress report and if anyone else ends up taking care of anything or notices anything else that needs to be taken care of, please post on this thread also.

Once again, thanks for the help guys!!!!

Mike

mtbr member
    Wow...looks like everyone was out yesterday doing trail work and getting stuff ready. Good job guys..and like Chris, I was at FS playing in the mud as well!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

keep on rollin'

Yeah it was a long day. I basically went home and crashed every muscle was letting me know it was there. The one section after the tire swing at the very bottom is a muck hole and I would request people avoid it till it dries out some, right now you would sink in and endo. Thanks to all who were able to make it.

mtbr member
    Way to go!!!
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "