mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Good job! Rode Rattling Creek for the first time today

Man what an awesome ride! Mile after mile of great singletrack with plenty of technical areas to keep it interesting. I more or less ran the "loop" clockwise from the parking lot on Lykens road, 25 miles total. It was pretty hot today and the icing on the cake was a dip in the creek where the rattling creek trail crosses over. It looks like I may have missed a few of the trails but I didn't get an early start and was running out of daylight. Again just a fantastic ride, mega kudos to all that put in the hard work to make those trails happen!

mtbr member
    Amen
    Help, I'm a rock!

mtbr member
    Couldn't agree more. Ran the enduro there last week and was pleasantly surprised the variety of trails that were there. Some really fast flow sections with little rock and then gigantic rock gardens towards the end with more fast downhill hahah. It was really great. I'll definitely be back for more.

This was our route that day. I got hurt around mile 28 or so and that's the reason for the massive slow in pace unfortunately.
    Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Rattlin 50, Lykens, PA near Lykens | Times and Records | Strava

--Adam

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Are there any decent places to camp near there?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PdlPwr View Post
    Are there any decent places to camp near there?
    Yep, there is camping right off of one of the trail heads. Not sure exactly the name of the trail though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I love Rattling Creek. It is by far my most favorite place to ride. Been riding there for about 4 years now and it never gets old.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I'd love to do a camp n bike weekend there. It's about an hour and 45 mins from my house but things seem more relaxed when you don't have to go home at the end of the day. I wasn't sure what to expect and I wasn't disappointed, kind of a Michaux with flow. I don't really have to camp right in the park but close by with some facilities would be nice.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    There is a small B&B in Lykens. Pine Grove or right off the Lebanon exit on I81 are the closest hotels. Not sure of the rates, but otherwise, your camping with facilities is very limited to campgrounds and closest is about 20 minutes away in Pillow. There are 3 camping areas within the area, but may need to contact Dauphin County Parks to reserve one.