mtbr member
    Sep 2008

rode 7springs today

just wondering who all rode at 7springs lately? hope everyone is having fun! me i am their every weekend!

Nice no rass
    We had a group of 6 up there today. Had a blast as usual, we'll be back again next Sunday. It might be a smaller group though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    my husband and i were there too! which group were u? love that place! and the persons in bike shop are really nice too!

Nice no rass
    Are you guys the couple with the white armor? We would be the other couple riding there. My wife has the white full face. Not many chicas riding there.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    yep thats us! sometimes we ride with 3 other guys! we wear the armor cause we both are not young chickens anymore and i like to do the jumps! i think i saw you guys! i'll watch for u guys next time!

Nice no rass
    Just ask Steve in the shop. He knows us both from Ski School (Matt & Mara). If we're there, he usually knows because I always stop in to give him some sort of grief.

Armor is smart. We're just getting into DH and at least running full face, knee & elbow. My wife went down hard Sunday and only suffered minor scrapes because of what she was wearing. Full face saved the day for sure. We're eyeing up more armor in the off season. One of the guys in our group got broke pretty good on lower ec1. He was only in an XC helmet and no other gear. He's a GREAT rider, but at 60, he got pretty beat up and will be hurting for a few days after that digger. He's looking for armor before this weekend's ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    steve is the best!!! we met him last year. we were really into xc we saw the track going in for dh gave it a try on or rockhopper and stumpjumper and we both blew or seals thats when we decided to go buy some dh bikes and gear.
    as for or gear we got it off price point their prices are pretty good.
    i'm sorry to hear about your wife! was she wearing a tank that day?
    your friend that got hurt does he know they rent that gear for cheap? just ask steve. the guys in the bike shop are great and help with anything we are glad they are not stuck up!

Nice no rass
    Yeah, my biking crew is all instructors, we all know the bike crew from the Winter. Mikey just gets carried away sometimes. Like he said, the trail had my name on it "for experts only" lol.

"Steve is the best"?!?!? Don't let him hear that...his polish head is already big enough (it just looks smaller since he cut his hair off) Besides, he's a knuckledragger. You can tell him I said that. It's all good.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    hey who is all in your crew
    I'm also a snowboard instructor up there!
    i try and ride at least once every few weeks up there
    def a good mix of great XC trails and the downhills!

Nice no rass
    It varies, but usually Moose, Mikey, Hollywood, Bob, sometimes Spooner.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Rode Saturday with my 13yr old son. We were on the matching Mongoose Triples. My son loves going there and we both have a great time.
    The course was a little tore up near the bottom on the big berms prior to going into the woods but for the most part again we had a great day.
    As for the armor. Just wear it ! I can't count how many times it's saved my 40yr old body.
    Remember it's not if your going to take a fall---- it's WHEN !!! Doesn't matter how good of a rider you are you will go down so why not be padded up. Done preaching.

mtbr member
    I was also there Saturday. Trails are definitely getting beat. Also getting a little stale after a full season. Hopefully they will continue to expand next year. Nevertheless, will probably head up next Sunday for the last runs of the season (and off to Snowshoe the following week).

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    havent gone in a month or so(weekend before frankenstein opened), the trails are getting real shoddy, and there just arent enough

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    frankenstein is not open yet! i think thats gonna be next year not sure! some peps were sneaking on it but not open. and it has rained up their so the trails are pretty smooth now. not perfect but it is dh its gonna be rough. and word has it their will be more trails next year.hope you give it another try before the end of october.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    oh, well i was there weekend before it was originally scheduled to open

how are the huge break bumps before every berm on 007???

and i would be back up, but i blew up the TALAS cart on my 36 so im forkless for another week or so

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    sorry to hear about your bike thats a bummer
    the only part that is chattery is at the bottom almost before you go into the woods. i'm getting ready to go their now. was there saturday also it was good the only part the rain did not affect was that still bumpy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    yeah oh well i guess, might make it out one more time before the season is over, or just hit the newly discovered fr trail by my house, depends on who i can get to make the 2.5 hr trek from state college with me

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    hey just wanted to leave you know we just got back from 7springs.
    it was raining and muddy but not peanut butter mud.
    the rain did stop and the riding was fun! glad we took extra clothes.