mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Rocky Ridge County Park Ride

I'm going to be in Strasburg in two weeks. Was wondering how far (long does it take to get) to Rocky Ridge County Park from the Netherlands Resort/Spa?
    Anyone interested in showing me around the trails OR can recomend riding closer to Strasburg, PA.

Thanks!

Todd

smartass
    Once you get out of the tourist trap mess around the outlets and make it to Rt. 30 West (the highway), it will be about 40 minutes. It takes me 20-30 minutes from Lancaster, and I live right by the 30W exit.

It probably won't take any longer to get to Fair Hill, MD, so that's another good option.

The two places are polar opposites. Rocky Ridge is aptly named, cause it's rocky, yet lots of fun. Fair Hill is smooth, with rollercoastery trails that are faster and less technical than Rocky Ridge.

I think there are trail maps at Rocky Ridge.

A local group (YAMBA) rides at RR this Monday and Wednesday at 6PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Hey Matt, thanks for the tips. Any place closer by to ride? Wife might get her panties in a wad if I skip out for 1.5 hours just to DRIVE to get to the trails...when I say closer I mean to Strasburg.

Thanks

Todd

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Try Mt Gretna, the Governor Dick park. Not sure the drive is shorter, but it's fun there too. I live 3 miles from Rocky ridge, take me 45 min to get to Gretna. (http://www.parkatgovernordick.org/access.htm)

smartass
    Not really anything closer than that. Mt. Gretna and Brickerville (Camp Mack) will probably take just as long to get to.

There is some riding in Lancaster Central Park, but I don't know the trails, and I really don't know of many people that ride there.