poormtnbkr
    Sep 2007

New question here. Rocky Gap ATV, Big Berm Delight

well here it goes... this is my first posting on mtbr or any forum for that matter.

The good news first, take a trip to the rocky gap atv trail near warren,PA. If you like to ride fast you will be rewarded with some real big mountain action, Very large natural features at high speeds. Bring big volume tires and your brass set.

Big Question... Is any body building freeride features on private or park land in the southwestern NY/ northwestern PA area. There were a few in my home town of Erie in the wintergreen gorge area but they have fallen into disrepair. I have done some solo work in asbury but i feel like its in vain. This is my fault as much as any body elses but i would like to know if there is anybody out there with some real experience or existing lines that i could get together with. I own my own tools and am willing to organize for some larger features in my area. I hope this at least gets people thinking about the potential of the terrain in their own area. Where are the carpenters

mtbr member

nat forest?

is that on one of the national forest atv trails? It should be just past pigeon and out near pigs ear. If so i have ridden those when i was up at our camp. Good trails to hammer on. As to freeride good luck. This aint BC and you wont find anything on forest property, state property, and likely county/city property. Your best bet is to make some friends with people who have private trails or hit Rays in cleveland or a Ski area like snowshoe which will be about 8 or 9 hours for you. Good luck in your search.
    Chance favors the prepared mind

poormtnbkr
    Sep 2007
    Morraine State Park is starting to see a good dedicated maintenance team and some larger rock features, basically natural. Another place for a good rim shot at high speeds if your not careful.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Have you checked out Denton?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poormtnbkr
    Morraine State Park is starting to see a good dedicated maintenance team and some larger rock features, basically natural. Another place for a good rim shot at high speeds if your not careful.
    and more to come in the next 2 years! The best sections of trail will arrive in 08 and 09....hopefully.
    Chance favors the prepared mind

poormtnbkr
    Sep 2007
    Denton or Bust!!!! 07

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Poormtnbkr
    Poormtnbkr D

Please post some pcs of your adventures