mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Roaring Run, Appollo

I have tentative plans to ride there tomorrow with a buddy. Neither one of us have ever been there. Anyone able to offer some advice? All I have read was the trails are off of a rail-to-trail. If we get out there it will be two fat guys, one on a silver '04 enduro with black shorts, and one on a Raliegh something or other, so say Hi if you see us. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Start by going down the rail trail about 1-1/2 miles and cross the bridge across Roaring Run. Turn left into the clearing and you will see the trail signs. Take the Zig Zag trail up the hill and enjoy. It's easy to follow, and when you've had enough, the rail trail is always just down the hill.

Dave

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Travel up the rails to trails gravel road (at least a mile) until you cross a bridge. Turn left and you will see small signs for the blue loop. That trail begins and ends there. It's best if you ride it clockwise (start to the left).

The trail is awesome. Very rocky, technical, nice bridges, good views. Have fun!

Mmmm Rocks Good
    Feb 2005
    If you are free, come on out this Sun 5/18 at 9:30. We will ride the whole meal deal which means apprx 16 miles. I'll be on a Gray Ano Chumba XCL. You really need to ride w/someone who knows the place to get everything in. Don

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I've never been on all of the trails, I wonder what I'm doing Sunday....

Mmmm Rocks Good
    Feb 2005

Come on out!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva
    I've never been on all of the trails, I wonder what I'm doing Sunday....
    Hey, Come on out! Don't be shy. We are not a race paced group and we always have a lot of fun. We typically take about 4+ hours to cover everything. Of course that means occasional breathers and lunch break.

mtbr member
    well there is the lower section of trails that some of the other members have mentioned that parrallels the rail trail, then if you head up along Roaring Run (the little stream) you can access more trails. follow roaring run (about a half mile) until it splits (roaring run will go to the right and rattling run will go left), stay left, you'll go up a steep rocky trail, cross the stream, and then there are a bunch more trails once you make the stream crossing. if you ride all the trails you can easily ride for 3-4 hours or more and not ride the same stuff twice.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    All true. If you really want to see it all, go with Don on Sunday. The "new" stuff down past Roaring Run is easier to follow if you don't know the area. The "old" stuff up past Rattling Run can definitely get you turned around until you figure it out. But it's all top quality, IMHO.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Just got back, rode today instead of yesterday to avoid the rain. We rode the blue loop. The place is gorgeous and the riding is very technical, something I'm not all that used to after mostly riding Boyce for that last 10 months or so. Wish I had a camera, the photo potential is enormous.

Anyways, thanks for the advice, I'll definitely make it out that way again!

Mmmm Rocks Good
    Feb 2005

Come out Sun and see even more!

Quote Originally Posted by jralz
    Just got back, rode today instead of yesterday to avoid the rain. We rode the blue loop. The place is gorgeous and the riding is very technical, something I'm not all that used to after mostly riding Boyce for that last 10 months or so. Wish I had a camera, the photo potential is enormous.

Anyways, thanks for the advice, I'll definitely make it out that way again!
    Come out Sun @ 9:30 and see even more! It is really pretty up along the waterfalls, especially in the winter. Winter adds a whole new dimension to the place!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I'm going to keep an eye on the weather. Rain, rain, and yet more rain, bleh.

Nice no rass
    I hear ya. It's looking like weekend #3 for being rained out. This is getting old.

Memorial weekend isn't looking any better.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PaMtnBkr
    Come out Sun @ 9:30 and see even more! It is really pretty up along the waterfalls, especially in the winter. Winter adds a whole new dimension to the place!
    Unfortunately I'm pretty much booked every weekend from here to eternity, thanks for the invite though. Someday I won't be held captive on weekends.

mtbr member
    Hey, I was wondering if anyone had some good pictures of this trail? You got me curious and I am still in Colorado till August.
    2007'ish Heckler and 2006 Chameleon
    If anyone needs the help of a prototype/custom machinist let me know.