mtbr member

Roaring Creek Ride

Beautiful day to be out at Roaring Creek. It was my first time there, luckily we had along Dave who had been there once before(last year). We also ran into Jared and Shawn who regularly ride and maintain the trail system. They took some time to explain the area and let us know about the trail system. Really nice trail design including some well thought out terrain features. Stuff like rock spines built into long "roman roads" in a few spots and long runs along natural drainages. Most of the trails were loops that returned to the parking area. The only exception is the trail we took out and back along the top of the ridge looking down to the reservoir. In addition, the loop trails pretty much stayed on top of the ridge area. We rode 16.7 miles although we repeated one of the loops, had to it was just a hoot riding it! It was about a 55 minute drive from Mtn Top the way we went. Along the way we passed a working covered bridge and went pretty close to the Berwick Nuke.

Heres a couple pictures and vids.

Attached Images Attached Images
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Cool! Sounds/looks like my kind of place. Thanks for sharing!

Are those two things in the last pic some kind of natural rock formations that allow the steam from the depths of the earth to escape?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    that was just a blow off for all the fun i was having it was a good day

mtbr member

Shamokin, Aristas, or Roaring Creek?

Are Shamokin, Aristas, and Roaring Creek all the same riding place just called by different names?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

JeffSkisMontana]Are Shamokin, Aristas, and Roaring Creek all the same riding place just called by different names?
    Jeff:

Aristies is the name of the town on the other side where the old railroad connected places around there!(long gone)

Roaring Creek is the name of the watershed for more than 100 years lower near the resi.

Shamokin is another town further away!

Here's the link

http://www.rcvca.org/

Jeff: Checkout the map on the site. It gives the over all location, yet without trails!
    Last edited by NEPMTBA; 12-11-2008 at 07:57 PM.

BIKE!!
    Nov 2005
    I've heard roaring creek being called aristes, weiser state forest, and the place with the two resivoirs. haha!
    All of the names translate to "Awesome riding!!"
    I love it there!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfmansBrother8
    I've heard roaring creek being called aristes, weiser state forest, and the place with the two resivoirs. haha!
    All of the names translate to "Awesome riding!!"
    I love it there!
    The Centralian translation of Aristies is Flatus Tiruss where as in that area they have a 2 headed, 3 toed, version of the MLP Combat Wombat that gets both tires at the same time thus rendering the mt biker useless!

ganginwood
    they put on a nice 2 day. actually its more like a 4 day. i think i have some shots in the september archives.

it's also home to the yeti's father. he rides from his door step 2wice a day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

mtbr member

Headed back....

....to the site of some great riding...sunday....waking this thread up to give those who haven't been there a quick overview....