mtbr member

Roaring Creek and Mainville

Thinking of doing a trip to ride both Roaring Creek and Mainville. Any input on either or both of those areas? Areas to avoid or directions to ride the trails, ect.. Thx.
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana
    Thinking of doing a trip to ride both Roaring Creek and Mainville. Any input on either or both of those areas? Areas to avoid or directions to ride the trails, ect.. Thx.
    Both are neat places. At mainville, I ride up the long dirt road, go through the gate and stay to the left. After a little distance, there is a sweet little singletrack that goes all the way back down, basically all downhill except for maybe a short pedalling section. The road up is a death march, but the singletrack is fun. It is OK on a hardtail, but lots of fun with a little squish on both ends.

Roaring Creek has a lot of variety. Not many climbs, but lots of techy stuff-rocks, rocks, rocks. Doable on a hardtail, but can get brutal. I like my 6 inch bike there. There are trails all over the place there, I only know a few of them well.

When are you going?
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member

Thx for the advice..

we will most likely go on Sunday...be at Roaring Creek at about 10:45. We will ride there first then go back to Mainville and do that ride second. Your welcome to join us....would be better for us to ride with someone who knows the trails.
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana
    we will most likely go on Sunday...be at Roaring Creek at about 10:45. We will ride there first then go back to Mainville and do that ride second. Your welcome to join us....would be better for us to ride with someone who knows the trails.
    I have family coming for a visit Sunday, otherwise I would love to go riding at BOTH places. Have fun. There is a very good chance you will find other riders at Roaring Creek who will be happy to give you some pointers for where to ride. Everyone I have ever met there has been very cool. It is hard to tell you where to go without actually being there. A couple of trails are fairly obvious, but there are some other gems that are kind of hidden. Mainville, on the other hand, is usually pretty deserted-I doubt you will find any other riders there.

Good luck.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.