trail addict

roaring creek-logging?

I mentioned Roaring Creek today to a friend of mine and he said there has been extensive logging around the parking area and back through the rocky trail (called "cookie" by some)... it has been almost 2 months since I was there (and my FS still has a broken spoke as a battle wound )

So I was wondering if anyone had any updates or knew how much was going on or if it was going to go to both sides of the road, etc.

Thanks for any info.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

Gravity's Gone
    Your friend is misinformed. It's not logging on that side of the road. They're building an office for Weisser State Forest Administration. It hasn't affected the trails on that side at all except for the beginning of the one you mentioned.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

... and if we just ...

No, no, no...

... it' a Walmart!

or
    Attached Images Attached Images  

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by nankerphelge
    Your friend is misinformed. It's not logging on that side of the road. They're building an office for Weisser State Forest Administration. It hasn't affected the trails on that side at all except for the beginning of the one you mentioned.
    Cool. I couldn't imagine most of those trees being worth much to a commercial logger anyways....

Thanks for the info.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

Gravity's Gone
    You're welcome They are improving things at an alarming rate over there (new parking areas, new signs, new trails, etc). Supposedly the building is going to be the main office for all of the Weisser tracts that are scattered throughout the area.