mtbr member

Road Trip along 76 & 70 hwy what tech trails?

I am flying to New Jersey with my bike and picking up a vehicle for work headed back to KC what are some of the best technical trails in the state close to 76 & 70 hwy?

mtbr member
    Or should I go north on i80?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Well, the best stuff in the middle of the state there would probably be Rothrock State Forest and Raystown Lake. You could probably hit 80, head South to Rothrock, then Raystown is Southeast from there. Then you could head back to 70/76 and continue your journey, stopping at Forbes St. Forest/Laurel Mountain. If you're still feeling froggy, stop in Pittsburgh and hit Frick Park to check out some of the best trails in a city setting.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Head west young man 76 west that is

76 west. Before you get out of philly the wiss, (1mile from 76), heading west valley forge nothing really technical skip it, marsh creek quick loop nothing crazy but a good loop, French creek is the next stop west, mt Gretna a little farther west, I'm sure there is something around Harrisburg (search here), rays town after that then you are in unfamaliar territory for me. Start searching for Pittsburgh riding. good luck. What kind of vehicle is around here that you cant find in Kansas?

my church is the woods

Mt. Gretna

With a trailhead 2 miles off exit 266 of the PA turnpike (I-76), Governor Dick park (Mt. Gretna) is definitely worth hitting if you like technical trail. Trail 15 being the jewel of the place and trail 4 a nice downhill. Map is here
    From that trail head off Route 72, you go in a hundred yards and make a left on 13 then left on 15 continue around to 2 and ride up to the tower, then 8 and 1 to get to the top of 4. Descend 4 and stay left at the bottom and come back on 15.