mtbr member

Riding Sunday 10/19 ...Great Weather....

Really nice afternoon on the Mountain .. 5 of us headed out to do a long ride. We all enjoyed the clear, dry, and cool weather. A few falls,3 flat tires, and 4 hours later we finished the ride. Here is a short vid that was shot on top of Stoney Cabin Ridge and you can see Summit View off in the distance:

Here are some pics:
    1. Tom coming up "The End" off 437
    2. Shinsu, Pagoda, and Kirby House
    3. "Jimmy Kane Swamp"
    4. Tom and Dave in the"JKS"
    5. Tom ripping "Summit View"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member

A few more...

Pictures:
    1. Dave coming up "The End"
    2. Jimmy Kane Swamp....beautiful time of year.
    3. Summit View Rider JSM
    4. Tom riding across the rail line off of the "Extension" back over to the "Extension"
    5. Dave dropping in on "Jail Time"

mtbr member

Several more pictures..

of our ride on 10/19....
    1. JSM on "Twister"
    2. Tom dropping in on "Jail TIme"
    3. Steve coming on to the rail bed from "Extension"
    4. Dave rolling off the rocks on "Twister"
    5. What was waiting for us after the ride.....

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

where is that?

That looks like some excellent riding. I live in Mt Top and would love to get up there. I was up by Glen Summit once and got lost on those trails you could drive a truck down. (I went in by the trail behind a private tennis court and the neighborhood playground, which is pretty close to the Kirby House) Between Church Road and the power lines is where I do most of my riding but I would like to know all the trails that are within riding distance of my house.
    I took a ride today, the leaves have obscured most of the trails - it made for an interesting ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Jeff...Good to see you on the trail. We ended up with 4 hours also. Did snappers in reverse...then behind Crystal lake...up to the towers...then the long way back to tunnel rd. Wish I know the milage. had to be pushing 30.

mtbr member

Hey this was............

Quote Originally Posted by ljmsrv
    Jeff...Good to see you on the trail. We ended up with 4 hours also. Did snappers in reverse...then behind Crystal lake...up to the towers...then the long way back to tunnel rd. Wish I know the milage. had to be pushing 30.
    actually this post is last Sunday. Marc has few pictures and vids from Sunday 10/26's ride....another great day for sure. We did a ride from my house up to GS, then over to Crystal Lake, Snap 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4, Whip O Will, Snowmobile, Twin Spring, GS, The end, and Twister to my house. We were out about 3.5 hours and rode 18 miles. We did stop about 4 times for 10 or so minutes each. You and super D put in a good day with that route, the towers add quite a bit(i would say your about right on the pushing 30m)....congrats on that challenging route...although the weather was perfect for distance....catch you out there soon.