Thread: Riding Solo

mtbr member

Riding Solo

Yesterday turned out to be a great day to ride. After eating like a pig over the past 3 days I needed to burn some calories. I called my one riding buddy but his wife is due any day now so he wasn't going to leave her. So it was just me and my bike. I headed over to tunnel road and found it odd that there were no cars parked there. Anyway off I went and I had a great time being in the woods alone. I really like the peace and quiet of woods and with the sun shining it was just perfect. The trails were a mix of mud and ice. This was my first time riding on ice and that made things really interesting. Almost went down a few times but managed to stay on my feet. I need to invest in some fenders as I was covered in mud. Just a great day of riding.
    If you look for the truth outside yourself, it gets farther and farther away. ~ Tung-Shan

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Fenders, yeah. Best 20 bucks I've spent on my bike since moving to NE PA in July. :^)

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Jay68442:

Best thing is you got out to ride again!

It was a nice day! Soon fenders won't be necessary as it going to get COOOOOOOOLLLLDDDDDDEEEERRRR... LOL

Then the trails get FFFAAASSSTTTEEERRR... LOL

Ever get over to the mOOn?

Did you ever have ham?

Riding Solo

I am glad that you got out to enjoy the day yesterday...the weather was perfect! How is the riding over there? I used to live on Tunnel Road, but was not into mt biking back then. It must be my moto background, but I am not TRULY having fun until I am wearing some mud! Tricky conditions this time of year, I almost low-sided more than a few times! Just getting out to ride, though that is what it is all about!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Blue Pig
    It was a nice day! Soon fenders won't be necessary as it going to get COOOOOOOOLLLLDDDDDDEEEERRRR... LOL
    Excellent!

Gravity's Gone
    No pictures? Shame on you.