Submit to your ride!
    Jan 2004

Riding over the 4th of July Weekend

All,

I'll be visiting 7Springs over the weekend and am looking to ride on Friday and/or Saturday. I've been coming to the area for several years and am still trying to learn different places to ride.

If some of you local yokels can give me a hand, I would appreciate any company and guidance on how to get from point A to B in some of these longer rides I've been reading about on these boards.

mtbr member
    have you rode the 24 hour race course up at 7 Springs? also, try Laurel Mountain State Park, there are a lot of trails there.

Just a lerker at heart
    May 2008
    I'll probably be doing moraine state park on friday morning. Feel free to join in.

Its north up 79 about 1.5 hours.

Submit to your ride!
    Jan 2004
    Thanks, guys, for the replies. What I'm really looking for is some of the locals to help me string together some longer rides that I've heard of on this board, like the Hidden Vally to Speedgoat, for example.

Nice no rass
    Once you arrive, go to any of the very nearby State parks. Koosier, Laurel Hill, etc and get a map of the snowmobile trails from them. This will cover the ride you are looking for. From 7 Springs main gate you can cross the street and ride to your left about 1/4 mile and turn right onto Fire Tower Rd. This will take you Hidden Valley. Cross Rt. 31 at the end of Fire Tower and jump on Tunnel Rd or take any of the trails in Northwoods up. If it heads uphill, get on it. Once at the top of NW, you will be in a large field that is on Tunnel Rd. Turn right down Tunnel for a short distance to the first 90* turn and look for the yellow gated snowmobile trail on your right. This trail will take you all the way to the Turnpike bridge. Once across the bridge you are at the base of Linn Run State park. Flip your map over and Linn Run is on the backside of it. From there you can piece together trails all the way into Laurel Mountain or out the main rd of LR and onto Rt. 30 where Speedgoat is just up the road. Well marked the entire length and very easy to follow. Note, you will not hit any ST until in Laurel Mtn Park. It's all fire roads and snowmobile/XC ski DT.

Southern Section map here http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry...s/D4LH_STR.pdf

Norther section (LInn Run) http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry.../D4LH_STRn.pdf

Your other option is ride down swan lake rd (on 7S property) and pick up the cherry snowmobile trail on property and follow it all the way to Linn Run. It is located on Swan Lake rd near the two large ponds on the road up to the Village condos.

Be sure NOT to ride any of the trails in Roaring Run, it's now illegal. That's everything on the left side of Tower Rd as you head to Hidden Valley.
    Last edited by Too Rass Goat; 06-30-2008 at 12:36 PM.

Nice no rass
    I'm guessing the storms nixed your ride?

Submit to your ride!
    Jan 2004
    Yeah, but I had nixed it even before I came over and since I couldn't find anyone to ride off-road I brought my road bike and did a 40 mile ride Sat morning. Man, those hills kicked my arse, I could have used some lower gears, that's for sure.

Funny thing is it never rained back in Ohio over the weekend! What a bummer!

mtbr member
    here is another map for you http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry...sMtStreams.pdf, it's pretty much the same as what Too Rass posted but this map shows some other trails along Rt 381 and down to Rt 31.