Skier by trade
    Aug 2006

Riding in NW Pa or East Ohio

Meeting up a friend to for a meet and looking to do some riding in Ohio or western Pa, does anyone have any suggestions or know of anything?
    Click. Point. Chute.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Phil, I don't have an answer but I'll be in Erie this weekend camping and If my wounds are feeling better I may be up for some riding if you're up there. I've actually met you before skiing at Jay a few years ago, I post under a different name on a few skiing sites.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    what are you looking for in a trail? easy xc, all day get lost kind of trail +5 hours (with optional brutality), or 14 miles of constant brutal rock gardens?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Looking for something to test the skills or something more SS worthy?

Skier by trade
    Aug 2006
    Looking towards Vultures Knob and Findley maybe Bear Creek. Any thoughts on these? looking for more XC type trails, rollers, singletrack not too too difficult.
    Click. Point. Chute.

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    so you have these options

Moraine SP - most technical trail in the area, possible the country. Rocks of all shapes and size mixed with some REALLY fun non rocky singletrack as well, notthat rocks arent fun .

Kennerdell - not as technical as Moraine still fun in it own right lots of different types of trails from smoothish single track, to to steepish singletrack, to rocky single track.

Westbranch SP - in ohio short fun loop

other if your driving back to philly monday raystown lake is kinda of along the way, as well as all the great pittsburgh area and laurel Highland trails.

mtbr member
    In Ohio, if you're going as far as Vulture's Knob (which is a great trail), you may want to go the extra distance down to Mohican State Park, in Loudenville. It is consistently viewed as the best trail in the state. If you don't want to go that far, I agree with Bushwacker and recommend West Branch. It just opened for the season after a nice long, wet delay...

All Ohio trails/descriptions can be found here:
    http://www.spokejunkies.com/reviews/index_ohio.php
    better than he was before. better. stronger. faster.