mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Riding near Lenhartsville

Will be in the Lenhartsville area the end of the month. Anyone have any suggestions for places to ride. Familiar with the AT between Pulpit and Pinnacle. Are there rideable trails in that area or are they all that rocky?

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by jdinsj
    Will be in the Lenhartsville area the end of the month. Anyone have any suggestions for places to ride. Familiar with the AT between Pulpit and Pinnacle. Are there rideable trails in that area or are they all that rocky?
    Well, the AT is off-limits to bikes anyway - although I used from Kutztown to the Hamburg reservoir, then up the trail TO the AT. From there, I'd hike to the Pinnacle & back, then ride back down.

As far as an 'extensive' trail system near Lenhartsville goes? Blue Marsh is probably your best bet.

If you really must stay more local, you could ride to Lake Ontelaunee and explore the trails there (not much, really) - or ride to Kutztown and explore the trails off of College Blvd/ Saucony Rd.

If that doesn't work? Take/borrow a road bike and ride out to Hawk Mountain & back.
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member
    I've camped and hiked quite a bit in that area and it is pretty darn rocky. Hiking up from Blue Rocks campground to the AT is very rocky, and I've never seen anyone on a bike up there(not allowed like Stick says). Getting a road ride in sounds nice though. Not a roadie here either. My friends and I took our bikes out one day around the campground and couldn't really find any other trails but did road ride up to a pretty cool lake. Hope this helps. Jim
    And a good day to you sir!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Dealt with the rocks for years. Been going to Blue Rocks about twice a year since '93. Have hiked the AT between Swatara and the Water Gap with weekend section hikes. I know about the no bikes allowed rule. I've seen bikes up at the Pinnacle. Seemed like they came from Hawk Mtn direction.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Hi,
    I am new to these boards but I grew up a couple miles from Lenhartsville and whenever I return home I try to get some riding in. You might want to head to Allentown and hit up the trails at Salisbury or a system on South Mountain, they are definitely worth checking out if you are in the area.
    Trevor