mtbr member

Riding The mOOn Today

Well we stole another really nice day here in November. Started out fairly cold this morning at 35 degrees F around 10am. Warmed up quickly from riding as well as the bright sunshine taking the chill off. Started out at the Nature Center and weaved our way around most of mOOn Lake. Had not been out to the mOOn in awhile....wow major work has been done....lots of new bridges and ramped obstacles added to many of the trails....plenty of re-worked/ re-routed trails. Some new trails that we had never ridden: "8", the extension of T-Rex 2, and although we did not ride it we now know where the "Watkins" trail is. In addition to all that....plenty of the trails had been leaf blown....nice. Thanks goes out to all those who have done all this work. Planning on helping out this Sunday at the trail day. We found the new DH trail area and one of the designer/builders(Finius) hard at work on a huge drop...one of the pics has the new drop in the background. We found a spot and took a pic where you can actually see Pine Creek Resevoir in the background...it was off the new "8" trail.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding The mOOn Today-002_800x450.jpg  

Riding The mOOn Today-004_800x450.jpg  

Riding The mOOn Today-006_800x450.jpg  

Riding The mOOn Today-007_800x450.jpg  

Riding The mOOn Today-009_800x450.jpg  

There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member

More Pics

NFS was very challenging this morning.....especially the off camber side hill before you get to the aquaduct....wet, dark, rooty, slippery....reminded me of the pacific northwest! Not sure of most other people but "5858" really kicks my A##! ....every time....no exception today....the section from the aquaduct up to about the highest point near the slab rock(pics)....always tough.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding The mOOn Today-011_800x450.jpg  

Riding The mOOn Today-012_800x450.jpg  

Riding The mOOn Today-014_800x450.jpg  

Riding The mOOn Today-016_800x450.jpg  

Riding The mOOn Today-017_800x450.jpg  

mtbr member

What a day!

We finished up around 1pm...by then it had warmed up to 53 degrees F. Thanks again to all those who have worked to improve the mOON. A couple last pics from the day....ride on!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding The mOOn Today-020_800x450.jpg  

Riding The mOOn Today-018_800x450.jpg  

Did you ever have ham?
    Jeff,

It is awesome to see you guys having so much fun! It makes all the hard work worth it. I have only ridden part of 5858 once and it really kicked my ass, but those pics make me want to try it again! Thanks for posting and enjoying!

Gravity's Gone
    Very nice. Cool pix.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Jeff:

Great thread and pics!

I see Dave has a s88t eat'in grin looking at the gap, did he do it? And it is amazing to see all those ferns, green is good even this time of year! Thanks again for all the help your crew did. It really makes it super fun!

mtbr member
    I was grinning because I did not do it. I'm sure it would have been a grimmace if I had tried. We had a great day of riding and I managed to stay in one piece.

Did you ever have ham?

Riding The mOOn Today

I have to wonder about what some of these guys are willing to ride over. I think something has been short-circuited. Maybe they should go see the doctor for a check-up! LOL!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by kuhly110
    I was grinning because I did not do it. I'm sure it would have been a grimmace if I had tried. We had a great day of riding and I managed to stay in one piece.
    WOO HOO Dave's first post!

Welcome!

Hey, Dave don't forget to tell all the guys about our Christmas party(see other post on here)