Thread: Riding the Moon

mtbr member

Riding the Moon

Moon Lake County Park.....decided to give it a try this Saturday...Mike, John, Denis, Salli, and I headed out at about 1pm. Enjoyed the trails. Little tough figuring out which turns to take at the intersections but we made out alright and did a huge circle, starting and ending at the Nature Center area. Headed back out for a second round of the circle after a short stop. Never knew this but there is no hunting in County Parks(at least at Moon Lake) so it is a good Saturday ride spot during season. Here is a few pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Who's the cool guy in the second and fourth pic on the 26" bike? Nevermind...

mtbr member
    So where did you go after the first round? You and Dennis just vanished into thin air - John and I went looking for you, figuring you were going back to the 'rock park' area but you never showed up there.

You're killing me with that first pic!!!!

Oh - there's no hunting at the Tubs either. Yippee!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by krazcustoms
    So where did you go after the first round? You and Dennis just vanished into thin air - John and I went looking for you, figuring you were going back to the 'rock park' area but you never showed up there.

You're killing me with that first pic!!!!

Oh - there's no hunting at the Tubs either. Yippee!!!!

Hey sorry about that Mike.....we just went back to big blue behind the rc field...did that loop out to entrance....and then headed home....we thought you were behind us until we got past the rc airport and realized you went the other way...or back to cars for awhile. Thanks very much for guiding us on our first visit to Moon Lake...we will be back...btw the picture of you climbing that boulder looks pretty good! Ride On!

mtbr member
    Same pose!

mtbr member
    What pose? That's how I always stand when I'm not actually riding......

mtbr member

Old School Mike...

thats what we call him......t-shirt....street shorts...hoody...jeans....wd40.....but man can he ride!!!!! Ride On!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

You guys ROCK!

The Mike pose will replace the Huck'in Kitty... I can see that pose happening everywhere! I know Mike does that at the flea market when he scores a good deal.

So glad you, my friends had so much fun at the mOOn!

Jeff it's all over our website about NO HUNTING!... LOL!

We hope to get more stuff in the "Trials" area soon. Some neat log over stuff to go with the rocks!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    larry,

That would be me on yes MY 26" BIKE! lol

I haven't even picked up the 29'er yet

mtbr member

Here is a quick....really quick vid

riding on big blue....

mtbr member

We came back to the Moon....

Liked it so much last weekend we decided to go back to Moon Lake this Saturday(18th). We met quite a few riders in the parking lot near the nature center. A few riders with Hubbard Jerseys on who we did not know...a few with Tennessee Mtn biking jerseys who we definetely didn't know....and a few others we also did not know...seems to me there is a crew riding here that are coming from the west of here. One group was out of Williamsport. We introduced ourselves after warming up at the practice area. Chris M. volunteered to show us around. He lives close to the Moon and has been riding there quite a bit. He showed us about 6 new trails that we missed last visit. Riding was great...and especially enjoyed the new trails. Chris- Appreciate the help and enjoyed riding with you. He had a pretty unique ride....a Salsa 29 fully ridgid with a Rohloff 14 speed hub, H-bars, and a Brooks saddle. Ride On!

Here's another photo from last week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana
    ...a few with Tennessee Mtn biking jerseys who we definetely didn't know...
    lol, that was me my wife and my brother n law who lives in Muncy, we were up visiting for the weekend and he took us out to Moon Lake for a ride.

www.ntmba.org

BIKE!!
    Nov 2005
    Rode the moon yesterday! What a great time!! The new trails were awesome! Great job out there guys!

FYI, If you are going to be there after 6:00p.m. , park outside the gate.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Updates MLP

Just some news...

... Moto, Mozee, Burts, JKE, and ROCKIT trails have been added and are open. Peek-A-Boo trail has been extended for more riding pleasure. The two annoying trees on ROCKIT will be removed soon! Moto and Burts will be tuned to provide more flow, Since Nitemare is a level 2 intermediate trail, it will and receive no tuning, just cleaning. We like the pointy rock just fine! YIKES!

The trail signs are coming along fine and more will be up this week!

Updated maps are coming. Map boxes will be placed outside the main office and the Nature Center!

As soon as all the leaves are down the trails will be blown clean making night riding easier to follow them. We will be adding a trail reflector system for night riding as well, as soon as they arrive.

Speaking of night riding if you attend one of the NEPMTBA/PARTS hosted night rides you won't get locked in so meet at the Nature Center for them! If you want to ride the moon at night we are allowed in the park but park your vehicle outside the main gate and access the trails from there. Natures Way trail is right inside the front gate and will soon have an access to the road!

10/25/08 Hell-O-Ween ride @ 2 PM with a trials ride at 5 PM

11/2/08 workday to build the downhill, meet at the Nature Center at 10 AM with a ride after!

http://ridingthemoon.blogspot.com
    Ride the mOOn...

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    You guys have built some nice trails up there thanks for the hardwork and keep it up, we'll be back to PA soon and we'll ride again.
    Last edited by bikedogs; 10-20-2008 at 05:29 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I want to give a lot of props to Chris for showing people around the Moon. That guy just cant get enough. Mountain biking needs more people like you. Riding at a place like that makes the hour drive worth it. Thanks again everyone.