mtbr member
    May 2008

Riding the lakes in York this weekend

I'm thinking about getting a ride in Sunday or Monday. Anyone going to be out that I can meet up with.

banned
    Apr 2009
    That's the next place i want to drive to. I heard Williams(?) is more fun than Redman(across the street)..
    Last edited by 247; 05-28-2010 at 07:24 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    The lakes are fun. Trail # 7 can be a bit hairy (steep drop off to 83, a lot of limbs / brush sticking out to hit you in the face). I don't think that trail gets used much.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Sounds fun and challenging. I hope the weather cooperates. I can't bring my MTB this weekend so if you see a guy on a blue and white Fuji CX bike, say hi. I'll have a cold beer in the cooler for you after the ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    HHmmmmmmmm........What time are you going? I'm thinking about going Sunday if I get caught up with work.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    My brother and I are going to be riding there late morning on Sunday....when are you getting there? That's if you don't mind riding with two slow guys on single speeds.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I was going to leave my house around 9. Get there (parking lot @ Redman boatlaunch) at probably 9:45. As far as speed goes, I'm just getting back into MTB after a loooooooonnnng hiatus. So, I doubt speed will be an issue.
    Last edited by clydeosaur; 05-29-2010 at 08:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Well I rode for about an hour & a half. I only saw one person on the trails. There were people in the lot though when I was leaving. On trail 2, there was a big tree that had fallen. As a result, I proceeded to ride around. While circling the top of the tree, a hen (turkey) came running out three feet from me doing the "wounded dance". I watched for a second or two & saw 6 or 7 babies each about the size of a hardball.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I was at my niece's birthday party and didn't get out until 5. I rode a lot of single track shooting off 2 and 4. Really intense climbing with crazy rocks and roots. I could see where a MTB would have been better but the Cross bike made it exciting. The established trails were less than I hoped for but I found enough crazy stuff to make it a good experience. I'd go again but on my 29'er next time.