Big Up... Chump
    May 2006

riding Forkston Mountain

question?

Is it at all possible to ride from Forkston to Jenningsville over the Mountain? I have never rode in that direction. Only on the old railroad grade

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    ZapGap165:

The railbed is the old Bowman's Creek Branch or the Lehigh Valley railroad! Abandoned in the 1970s. You can access Forkston Mountain from there. If you come in from Noxen, Jenningsville is the road to the right from the bridge at the old ghost town of Stull! What kind of bike do you ride? The mountain is really rough up there, and coming down you will need good brakes! Watch for Rattlers this time of year! I have a ride I do every year called Roam Around Ricketts. You are welcome to join us, but it is 25 plus miles and NO support or Bailouts after the Halfway point!

Good Luck!
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

Big Up... Chump
    May 2006
    Lee:

Thanks for the info and the history. i have a new GT I drive and few old bikes. Have you ever been to the mine on Dutch mountain? I saw you ride trials years ago at motorama! you had a blue Gas Gas 370

ganginwood
    you need to drop me a pm. i live there. there is plenty of s-track. maybe 50 miles of it very technical but more of an adventure than anything. its more like ngle ack. half as wide as single track! very remote. i'm going to say its the best riding in the state. the only problem is you would never find it even with directions. and the chance of getting lost is very high. however, once your out there.......it's the cats ass.
    i'm curious to see exactly where you live. you'll want to enter through forksville. disregard the above posting. you can enter on henry lot road from windy valley. ideally entering from 487 to the meadows is your best bet. but like i said, you'll never find anything accept the forest roads. its big woods out there. i'm in the process of connecting single track from bartlett mountain to......well, lets just say it would be an epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

ganginwood
    now that i've read you posting again, i'm not sure we're talking about the same direction. jenningsville and dutch mountain are total opposites from forksville. to get to jenningsville you'd have to find a way over oak ridge (now your heading northwest) and its all private. if you want to get to dutch mountain that's crossing over stoney brook heading south.
    something tells me your around douglas hollow???
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct