mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Riding Allegrippis next weekend

Next weekend Mrs. PdlPwr and I are planning a three day riding/camping adventure at Raystown. We're staying at the Pleasant Hills campground. I'm a fairly seasoned rider but my wife isn't quite as experienced. I'm hoping there are some easy trails that won't be intimidating for her. Thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    There are plenty of less intimidating trails at Raystown. In general, it isn't that technical, no boulder fields, giant log crossings, skinnies or stuff like that. If you get the offical map, green trails are "easiest", followed by blue and black. Last time we were there, our group had a couple of less experienced riders, and one girl who was mountain biking for the very first time. She was able to ride even the black trails without too much drama. A little slow, but nothing was completely overwhelming for her, even during our mid ride rainstorm.

Dave

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    My wife has been riding less than a year, and is coming along but the rail trail isn't quite the same as real trails. I think her bike "handling" skills should be ok just a little worried about her cardio on some of the climbs although it sound like there are a few mellow trails with minimal climbing.