Rider of Bikes

Riding at 7 Springs

Has anyone been riding at 7 Springs Mountain Resort? I read on the website that they have $12 all day bike lift passes, and trails for all levels of riding. Sounds like it could be fun. I was hoping to get some info on how the trails are. Thanks.
    [SIZE="5"]dirtyharrys.net[/SIZE]
    http://dirtyharrys.net

w00t
    i have not been there in a long time. i used to race there and the trails were awesome. my gf and i are going thing weekend but we are not going to hit any of the technical stuff yet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeboyjeff
    Has anyone been riding at 7 Springs Mountain Resort? I read on the website that they have $12 all day bike lift passes, and trails for all levels of riding. Sounds like it could be fun. I was hoping to get some info on how the trails are. Thanks.
    I ride there probably once a month - I live East of Cleveland and it's under a two hour trip. It's great riding there and you don't even need the lift pass. There are switchbacks or you can climb the road around to the top (I ride a Bullit and still climb). Once up top, there's plenty of singletrack (8-10 miles, some even more on private property) without having to go all the way down the mountain. We'll usually ride at the top for a while then ride the switchback down the front of the mountain - facing the resort - which is fast as hell. Lot's of fun there - have a blast.

btw: A 24 hour race is coming up there in August I believe.

Rider of Bikes
    I ended up going to 7 Spring this past weekend. The single track was great. We rode the 24 hours course, and hit some other spots. Honestly, I was a little dissapointed, only because I expected a little downhill action. When I read on the site that you could get the all day lift pass, I expected some other types of trails. For riding the trails that are there, you don't need the lift pass at all. Thanks for the input above.

w00t
    are there any really beginner trails there? my gf and i werent able to go so i was just wondering.

Rider of Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by extensive
    are there any really beginner trails there? my gf and i werent able to go so i was just wondering.
    If you go to the "Adventure Center", you can get a well marked map. (This place is where the snow tubing is in the winter) Anyway, there are three levels of trails on the map; yellow is beginner, blue is intermediate, and red is advanced. The trails all seem to be well marked, and the guys working in the adventure center will give you some info on where to go, too. You and your girlfriend shouldn't have a problem finding some good trails that you can both enjoy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeboyjeff
    I ended up going to 7 Spring this past weekend. The single track was great. We rode the 24 hours course, and hit some other spots. Honestly, I was a little dissapointed, only because I expected a little downhill action. When I read on the site that you could get the all day lift pass, I expected some other types of trails. For riding the trails that are there, you don't need the lift pass at all. Thanks for the input above.

Told ya you wouldn't need that lift pass ;-) Did you try the switchback down the front of the mountain (facing the hotel)? That's probably my favorite part. Oh and btw, after a nice long ride we always poach the pool up top at those condos! There's always some hotties swimming there too!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    o ya the hotties are nice in the wood-ridge section. but the trails are great fun.. i have done the intermedite and some of the advanced because there was still time left on my uncle's bike. there are some crazy rocky sections where the rocks are ~10lb sized for a couple hundred yards, but if you have the right bike its fun. there aren't any nice sized drops though.