mtbr member
    Aug 2004

New question here. Rides around Butler, PA over T-Giving?

I'm travelling up to Butler, PA sometime Wed morning the 24th and leaving Sat 11/27 around noon. Are there any group rides going on in the area?
    Where are some of the better riding areas within a half hour or less drive time?
    I've heard something about trails at Moraine State Park, anyone have a link?

I'd prefer offroad but I can bring my 'cross or road bike if that's what the groups are doing and I have lights so night rides are an option.

Thanks in advance.
    Monty Warsing
    Proudly Sponsored by:
    Wheel Base Bikes- Frederick, MD.
    Trek Bicycles
    Monster Energy Drink

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yes there are trails in Moraine State Park, I can not give you exact directions because I have only been there a few times and do not know the names of any roads. Check out PORC (Pittsburgh off road cyclist) and they may have some rides out there scheduled.

Some other rides (farther than your 1/2 hr time frame but still reasonable) around that area are,
    2 mile run and Kenerdale both in the Franklin area
    Brady's Run in Beaver

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by montyw2
    I'm travelling up to Butler, PA sometime Wed morning the 24th and leaving Sat 11/27 around noon. Are there any group rides going on in the area?
    Where are some of the better riding areas within a half hour or less drive time?
    I've heard something about trails at Moraine State Park, anyone have a link?

I'd prefer offroad but I can bring my 'cross or road bike if that's what the groups are doing and I have lights so night rides are an option.

Thanks in advance.
    You should be able to find what you're looking for at these two web sites...

http://home.comcast.net/~s.farrar/

http://pub5.ezboard.com/fmountainbik...urghthehubfrm9

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Monty,

I recall your name from racing with WERA. I am relatively new to mountain biking but live close to Butler. I really don't know of any group rides. However, if you're interested in meeting at Morraine I'd be happy to ride the trail with you.

Drop me an e-mail, collettedave@yahoo.com , if you're interested.

Dave