poormtnbkr
    Sep 2007

... and if we just ... Ride at Redhouse Area, Allegany SP NY Sunday

There are at least three of us headed up from Erie, PA. Its a great place to ride with miles of trails. Maintained singletrack, real wilderness, check out the reviews in the NY trail revues. Its also known as the Art Roscoe MTB/xcs trail head. Host to the Raccoon Rally. More wheels!!! Let me know if your interested. If theres any body out there with some secret lines up there that they cant wait to spill the beans about, , please let me in on that #$%*. It takes us 1.5 hrs to get there with a grubb stop. We hope to hit the road by 8:30. ETA 10ish 9/16/07 Summit Trailhead.

mtbr member
    What kind of riding are you looking for? If you are looking for easier/intermediate terrain then Allegany SP is good. But if you want to ride real singletrack and are going to drive up that way, you should just drive another 20 minutes and ride in Ellicottville, NY. Way better trails. The Allegany stuff is not real built for mountain biking singletrack like Ellicottville is. Info http://www.wnymba.org/trails.php?trail=2

mtbr member
    Ditto on Ellicottville, NY. I rode it a couple times this summer while I was visting home in WNY, which is about a half hour from there. The trails off the race loop and into Mcarthy SF are amazing - miles of sweet, sweet singletrack. You can ride all the way down to Little Rock City in Salamanca (which is near Allegany SP). Some of the trails run along steep ridges with a pretty serious penalty for failure -very remote when you get out of the ski resort, so be prepared. Get an excellent map at Mud Sweat and Gears a/k/a The Ellicottville Bike Shop, otherwise you could get lost for a long time. After you get out of the woods, Ellicottville has a great selection of bars. If you go there for a weekend of riding you won't be disappointed.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST