Did you ever have ham?

RIDE THE mOOn, RIDE THE mOOn, RIDE THE mOOn!!!!

Tomorrow night at 6pm....be there or BE SQUARE! LOL! Bring your lights and remember to park outside the gates. It is a great time and if you were not able to make it to the workday you will be able to ride Screamer and see just how much fun it is! Remember, Uncle Lee wants to see you there....Uncle Lee is da Bess!!!! LMAO!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gives me PEACE of mine
    would like to ride the m00n sunday. Just wondering if a workday was planned. Hate to get in the way. Can't wait to see the freeride stuff in person lol.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Nanerpuddin:

No one is ever in the way at the mOOn!
    Workday or not!
    Come ride your a** off anytime!
    Bring friends!

It is best to check/walk the Free Ride stuff before you huck it!

Park outside the main gate now cause they lock it at 5 PM

Did you ever have ham?

Ride the mOOn, Ride the mOOn, Ride the mOON

You just have to watch out for the cops. They say it is illegal to pedal your ass! Uncle Ted says, "Uuuuuuuuh Ooooooooh!"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Yes!

Come celebrate Veterans day with our own NEPMTBA resident veteran., Big Daddy Todd

Thanks to him and all veterans, all the time!

Remember, Moon Lake has resident Bald Eagles watching over us!

God Bless American and all veterans!

NEPMTBA
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RIDE THE mOOn, RIDE THE mOOn, RIDE THE mOOn!!!!-americanflagandbaldeagle.jpg  

Gives me PEACE of mine
    Thanks for the reply. The Danville crew will be huckin our a** off sunday morn.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    help a noob out - what or more specifically where is this 'moon' you speak of? I tried doing a trail search to no avail... it seems to be the only place spoken of on this board!

I'm located in SW PA, (Fayettenam) btw.

&e

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Andycapp
    help a noob out - what or more specifically where is this 'moon' you speak of? I tried doing a trail search to no avail... it seems to be the only place spoken of on this board!

I'm located in SW PA, (Fayettenam) btw.

&e
    Andy:

Northeastern Pa, Hunlock Creek, Pa near Lake Silkworth Pa. Both areas will show on Mapquest or Google Earth

East Stroudsburg to Moon Lake 69 miles
    Port Jervis to Moon Lake 92 miles
    Binghamton NY to Moon Lake 90 miles
    Elmira NY to Moon Lake 92 miles
    Wellsboro Pa to Moon Lake 104 miles
    Williamsport Pa to Moon Lake 60 miles
    Lewisburg Pa to Moon Lake 64 miles
    Harrisburg Pa to Moon Lake 113 miles
    Philadelphia Pa to Moon Lake 129 miles
    New York NY to Moon Lake 141 miles

http://www.moonlakepark.com/

Lot's more on; You Tube under "NEPMTBA" or "Moon Lake"

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Thx - I was hoping for central PA, oh well. I really didnt think to google it, duh. thinking it was a locals only kinda spot. I'll go check out the vdo's now!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Andycapp
    Thx - I was hoping for central PA, oh well. I really didnt think to google it, duh. thinking it was a locals only kinda spot. I'll go check out the vdo's now!
    Map of Moon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RIDE THE mOOn, RIDE THE mOOn, RIDE THE mOOn!!!!-moon-lake-road-map.gif  

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    It does look like an excellent place to ride, no wonder it gets so much attention here. Since it's not controlled by DCNR you can build your own trails?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Andy,

They get to build a lot of trails there because they've a crazy-good relationship with the park management, part of which owes from the fact that they do more for the park than just building trails - general maintenance and helping out with other stuff when more hands are useful.

Getting a petition signed by enough county residents to get the park reopened for all this past summer doesn't hurt.

It's a county park though, so DCNR is not involved AFAIK (but I'm new here, so YMMV).

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Andy:

We work hard at helping everyone including other parks that are DCNR. Just gotta understand and follow rules. Some people will let ya walk into their home with your shoes on and others ask you to remove them! Either way your in, aren't you?

Bears got it correct, and he's a great newbee, he fits right in and has taken to be so helpful even before we met in person I felt "Hey this guys is cool" beyond that we like to have fun, fun, fun, so if you ever so inclined to visit please let us know cause lot's of guys will show you around!

NEPMTBA
    I DO THINK ALL MY ENEMIES ARE SANE
    I DO THINK ALL MY FRIENDS ARE CRAZY
    ME, I'M ON THE FENCE, I CAN"T PICK A SIDE TO FALL ON

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    "Some people will let ya walk into their home with your shoes on and others ask you to remove them! Either way your in, aren't you?"

That's the way I feel riding Quebec, meaning we're in but not giving respect back. we're there enjoying this amazing place and out of respect want to give back not just take. That's what led my riding buds to contact FD04 DCNR to get the ball rolling to form a volunteer base for QRWA.

The Laurel Mt Volunteer Group (LMVG) mainly covers Forbes and Somerset area but is under the FD04 umbrella, very well organized group and have expressed offerring their services to get us going in the right direction which is way cool. Also, Mr. Callahan, Distrcit Forester for Forbes, has said to just contact him w/ our ideas/goals and he'll get us set up w/ the equipment.

Anyway, got sidetracked - back to the 'Ride the mOOn' party....