Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Ride da Moon

57K views 481 replies 47 participants last post by  NEPMTBA 
#1 ·
Fun will continue this Wednesday night 5/30/12 at da mOOn

Meet at da Main Gate, 6 PM

Welcome newest member "Barney" Buddy's little brother!

He prolly won't be in attendance for awhile as he has been sent out for suspension modifications and power upgrades, but soon enough he will be ripping right along and getting lots of snacks!

Attachments

See less See more
#196 ·
Just a quick note: Brad and I had a pretty decent ride on Halloween (even as I saw three people bailing as I drove up to the trailhead). It was cold, wet, and snowy; the rocks were like ice -- but, I will say this: there was hardly a leaf under my tires! Many, many thanks to Dave, Amy, Murph, Justin, Lee and anyone else who did the early Sandy clean up. Looping NW1&2&What (back to the lot to get a stubborn dog), back out What, 5858-to-Deacon, Deacon, 8, T-Rex 1 & 2 (to the Campground), then back T-Rex 2 & 1, 8 (to the Bridge of Dissent), cut to Ledgeview, and out NW1.

Again, the exposed dirt was perfect! Just those darn, slippery rocks. Ugh. Barb, E, and I hope to add to the cleared trails on Saturday.

Best,
Mark

#199 ·
Turned out to be a great night...

...with no snow, and no wind, a starting blast down the pave to the Nature Center and up to Big Blue, Nitemare, Moto, a few hills to warm up, 5Tree, Big Blue, Thorny BMX, Peek-A-Boo, Mo-Zee, Watkins, more hills, Go'in Up, Ol'Yeller, CG32, Edge, T-Rex1, fun up and down on 8, Ledgeview, SR2, NW1

A sweat festival for sure, all warmed up, and roughly around 8 miles, and good to see a bit longer ride.

Rode da mOOn...
...another one in the books

Thanks guys:thumbsup:

#200 ·
It was a great cool night for a ride, the weatherman fooled me and I put my Winter tires on the Pugs.:madmax:
First time with a Nate on both the rear and front, man talk about turning grip! They were definately slower rolling though, and I had to put out a lot of extra effort to keep up.

#210 ·
I guess you ended up outta juice...
...since we didn't see ya, but here's the skinny on the ride for all:

Lots of riders showed up and the road was full of parked cars all the way to the top of the hill. My group started out to Thorny, Big Blue, 5 Tree, where we had Owen's chain decide to develop 2 ends, so fixed that in about 10 minutes and continued to Moto(up) to Nitemare(up) Big Blue, Nature Center, Twister, Buddy's, Watkins, Skinnys, Edge, T-Rex1, 8, Ledgeview, SR2, Mo-Zee, Peek-A-Boo and done .

Lottsa rid'in and ripp'in around, we were the last to get back to the cars after 9PM

#211 ·
batteries were blue when I needed to leave the house and that wouldn't have made and after 9 finish for sure. I didn't expect to get out of the office before 8 yesterday so I stopped charging the batteries when I had to leave the house and go into the office. I usually work from home on Wed's... I don't see me getting out of the office before 8 tonight and that will not change this time. Putting my laptop back together... Gotta earn...

#212 ·
Friday: First time riding at Moon Lake. Didn't get there till late, and with no lights only had about an hour and a half. Very impressed. Didn't have a map, so just road around till I saw a trail. (screamer?) I'll be back for sure, Best part is it's only 15 minutes from home.

#214 ·
Thanks NEPMTBA.
I'd like to hook up with you guys for a ride, but 6 is a little early for me. Don't get home from Tobyhanna till 5:30, and still need lights. Maybe some week-end. Thanks to all who maintain these trails.

#217 ·
Ride da mOOn...
...meet at da Main Gate, 6PM, on trail by 6:15PM

First snow ride of 2012 :thumbsup:

Here's a few throwback pics from a snowy night in December 2009

Ride da mOOn...
...Snowman approved
:band:

Attachments

#219 ·
Great fun ride as 5 of us...:prft:
...being the tough guys we are...LOL:devil:

On a cold night we were sure to warm up quick with Super Mark and Chriffer, leading we hit Thorny, Big Blue, Nitemare, Burts, 5 Tree, Moto, Nitemare(as you can see lots of climbing happened, not for the faint of legs and lungs) Big Blue, Peek-a-Boo, Mo-Zee, all of Watkins, Skinnys, Edge, Lower T-Rex2 down round to T-Rex2 up...wheew nice and toasty:madmax: buy now!

Riding in snow requires more tech skills, but getting used to sliding into and out of turns makes for a super fun time, only hit one good patch of puddle ice on "8" weeeeeeee!:cornut:

"8" and with the non bright idea:idea: of going :eekster:"NO LIGHTS":eekster: and what a fun time as there was a full moon, no leaf cover on the trees, just enough light snow on the leaf blown trails to make it possible(a really rare thing where all 3 elements have to exist at once)

Minus the lights made going down the uphill challenge and the other tricky elements on the "8" trail "WILD":crazy:

Then Ledgeview up(stopped to view the Christmas Tree) NW1, NW2, What, finish to one of the best cold weather rides yet, with lots of climbing and milage!:eek:ut:

This was so much fun, and topping it off went home an hit up the toast with home made blackberry jelly and Minestrone soup... Yum! Looking forward to more cold weather riding, best time of the year, no bugs, pollen or sunburn...;)

Dozer had more fun than any of us with his entertaining belly in the snow rest breaks where he would lick the snow in front of him. Truly a "green" thinking doggy!

Ride da mOOn...
...who needs lights?:yesnod:

PS... looking to "Ride da Rocks" this Friday night with MTBs if possible?:confused:

#220 ·
I'm in NY Friday for my Knee evaluation. It's a 1:15 appt so getting back in time for a 6pm ride will most likely not happen.. Maybe Jimmy can host. I'm also on call till Tuesday morning and I've worked from 8am to 11pm everyday this week so far. I'm still working right now. I did take off an hour and a half to work-out with my daughter yesterday and came back and did a bit more work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.