Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Ride da Moon

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Yooooou Guys...

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Smile

Great Saturday ride for the first day of the Fall season 9/22/12...

..then a little trail work:
    Moon Lake Trail damage reports here - Page 7 - Mtbr Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ride da Moon-mlpsatworkride-9-22-12-001_900x900.jpg  

Ride da Moon-mlpsatworkride-9-22-12-002_900x900.jpg  

Ride da Moon-mlpsatworkride-9-22-12-003_900x900.jpg  

Ride da Moon-mlpsatworkride-9-22-12-004_900x900.jpg  

Ride da Moon-mlpsatworkride-9-22-12-005_900x900.jpg  

Last edited by NEPMTBA; 09-22-2012 at 04:47 PM.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Smile

Ride da mOOn...
    ...meet at da Main Gate, 6 PM

Ride da mOOn...
    ...there will be no Sun tonight!

A few pics from 4 years ago in September:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ride da Moon-copy-mlpwnr-9-24-08-001.jpg  

Ride da Moon-copy-mlpwnr-9-24-08-002.jpg  

Ride da Moon-copy-mlpwnr-9-24-08-003.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Smile

10/3/12

Looks like warm night...
    ...meet at Main Gate, 6 PM

Another great ride in store!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ride da Moon-mlp-big-blue-sign-ecotourism6_fp.jpg  

Rolling on 650b
    It's looking like I'm in! Wooooooo! Moooooon!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Smile

10/10/12

Wednesday night, bring lights, 6 PM, meet at the Main Gate

Ride da mOOn
    Great Dirt with Rocks

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hey thanks again for showing me around da mOOn! Really great trails and trials spots, & an awesome group of riders.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

No prob.

It was great to meet you!

You have super riding skills. Come ride with us any time.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Just wanted to say the following things: 1) I rode at Moon Lake last week for the first time, as I am just getting back into mountain biking; 2) A really nice dude who noted that he just relocated from the area from Jim Thorpe (btw, the guy had a SICK bike that he said he just purchased) gave me a map of all the trails (and it was color coded), JUST GAVE IT TO ME! super nice -- so thank you friendly stranger; 3) the trails were awesome -- thank you to the club who maintains these, it's a fantastic experience; 4) I made my brother (who I ride with most weekends) greatly jealous because he's been reading about the trails for a while now (we've been riding pretty regularly at Glen Park in Stroudsburg); 5) DEACON? what's the deal?? I realized in about ten minutes that I am a scared child when it comes to wooden ramps -- and this playground blew my mind -- btw -- where does that trail go? how does it work? DANG DEACON YOU BLEW MY MIND.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

ride da moon

Toughpat, Deacon will lead you back to a service road or to ledgeview, depending on which way you go. An amazing bunch of trails. If possible you should come up and get with our Wednesday evening group ride. Usually leave from the main gate around 6PM. You'll need a light of course but riding there at night is a lot of fun.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    toughpat:

Great first post and welcome to MTBR and da mOOn...

...as mtbiker64 is correct and I can add Deacon is 2 trails in one, the play area you see by the picnic table and the "actual" Deacon trail. The Deacon play area is just that a mix of trails and loops that let you find your way to woody structures, I appologise as it is a bit hidden by leaves right now and a downed tree at the top of the play area, plus it needs a good revamp.

The Deacon trail is a more difficult trail that we don't tune very much other than trimming the eye pokers. Wait till you see the Big Log ride at the other end if Deacon!!!!!!!!!!

I know the thing that makes mOOn great is the "riders" Always helpful and kind, plus they help a lot keeping the trails open and fun, but they are super techy riders when the hammer is thrown down and can show you a good time.

Your welcome to join us on Wednesday nights or just post up if your coming on a weekend and someone is usually doing some kind of ride at da mOOn!

If you want the next step up from mOOn check the HCGA threads and rides, located only 1 mile from Moon Lake park.

So I guess you will have to come back with your brother and find out where Deacon goes...LOL

See ya at da mOOn...
    ...soon

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    ... or come up and meet someone on Sat to ride ... I *think* there's a 9am ride there scheduled for this coming Sat ... but I'm not the ride caller so I don't know for sure.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Looks like a stellar Wednesday in store this week...

...so meet at main gate, 6PM, ride leaves at 6:15 PM

Ride da mOOn...
    ...seems like we have been doing this for years!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ride da Moon-03870u_900x900.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator

... and if we just ...

Grab your favorite pair of bars...

...and hit the mOOn trails tonight

6PM, meet at da Main Gate, rid'in by 6:15PM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ride da Moon-p1010020.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator

... and if we just ...

Good to see Jay Super G. and Mrs Super G...LOL before the ride. Good to hear your planning on running National Moto Trials next year and will be fun reuniting with ya for all that fun!

Next up was the Ride da mOOn Wednesday Night Ride, splitting into different groups, the group I was in had HCGA Moto landowners and new riders introduced to the Ride da mOOn for the first time. With an average speed of 7.1 and over 7 miles rode in 1 hour and 10 minutes. I would say we tore up the trails, thanks to Ed B. for the blistering pace.

Scott, I hope your OK after the exploding tire. All I heard was Boom! I was looking for a rock to hide behind, I really thought someone was shooting at us...LOL

New guys! With so much speed I didn't even get your names, Arron I think? The World Cup Skier guy? and the Conservation guy? Was the dogs name Dakota or Kona? Anyway Kirby has a run for his money as she is one of the fasterst dogs I have ever seen! Watching her run the road at a constant 15 MPH was amazing!

Thanks guys for one of the fastest rides I have ever attended at da mOOn. Great evening of riding!

pics are: Jay's doggy "Bull" my GT and a ghost image of Jay Big Upping the Rock Wall... truly amazing Jay!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ride da Moon-mlpwnr-10-24-12-001_900x900.jpg  

Ride da Moon-mlpwnr-10-24-12-002_900x900.jpg  

Ride da Moon-mlpwnr-10-24-12-003_900x900.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I had that pinch flat and changed it pretty quick, without glasses. I thought I cut the sidewall on a rock but after looking at the tire and tube back at the truck, I'm pretty sure I poped the bead. I always finsih at the valve stem when I put a tire on. I push the valve stem up to make sure the bead sets properly. Well there was no cut in the tire that I saw last night and the tube split on the seam right by the valve stem. I'm betting that I didn't push the valve stem in and set the bead properly around that area. USER ERROR on my part I would think.

I'll put a coat on my trailer roof tonight then do a pedal at our place to make up for the loss. If anyone wants to pedal HCGA in the dark just stop by around 6 tonight.

wounded knee
    Seen the Horse today at the Moon as I was on my second ride of the day, right as we came out of Ledgeview on the service road, it was coming across the service road that cuts 8, and went up the hill.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    No Indians?

wounded knee
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    No Indians?
    No Indians, just a Cowboy
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Happy Halloween everyone!

Ride da mOOn...

...post Sandy Hurricane edition!

6 PM, meet at Main Gate, on trail by 6:15

Should be a Spooky Ride...
    ...all kindling is free tonight
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Just a quick note: Brad and I had a pretty decent ride on Halloween (even as I saw three people bailing as I drove up to the trailhead). It was cold, wet, and snowy; the rocks were like ice -- but, I will say this: there was hardly a leaf under my tires! Many, many thanks to Dave, Amy, Murph, Justin, Lee and anyone else who did the early Sandy clean up. Looping NW1&2&What (back to the lot to get a stubborn dog), back out What, 5858-to-Deacon, Deacon, 8, T-Rex 1 & 2 (to the Campground), then back T-Rex 2 & 1, 8 (to the Bridge of Dissent), cut to Ledgeview, and out NW1.

Again, the exposed dirt was perfect! Just those darn, slippery rocks. Ugh. Barb, E, and I hope to add to the cleared trails on Saturday.

Best,
    Mark

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    I didn't ride cause I was soaked from blowing leaves and the squishy feeling in my shoes was delightful!

Actually I had to go to a Halloween party. Lucky me, I went as a "Homeless Jetpackman with a backpack blower on my back...LOL

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

11/7/12 Chilly tonight followed by...

...hill climbing to warm up

6PM, Main Gate, on Trail at 6:15PM

Ride da Parka

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Turned out to be a great night...

...with no snow, and no wind, a starting blast down the pave to the Nature Center and up to Big Blue, Nitemare, Moto, a few hills to warm up, 5Tree, Big Blue, Thorny BMX, Peek-A-Boo, Mo-Zee, Watkins, more hills, Go'in Up, Ol'Yeller, CG32, Edge, T-Rex1, fun up and down on 8, Ledgeview, SR2, NW1

A sweat festival for sure, all warmed up, and roughly around 8 miles, and good to see a bit longer ride.

Rode da mOOn...
    ...another one in the books

Thanks guys

wounded knee
    It was a great cool night for a ride, the weatherman fooled me and I put my Winter tires on the Pugs.
    First time with a Nate on both the rear and front, man talk about turning grip! They were definately slower rolling though, and I had to put out a lot of extra effort to keep up.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast