Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Ride da Moon

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker64 View Post
    Parrothead, we met each other down JT while you were doing some trail work on the singletrack off of the canal trail. The pace is casual. No one left behind. Lasts about 2 hours. You should have no problem. I just did a ride at Da Moon last night but I might hit it again tonight. Maybe we'll see you there.
    Yup I remember and that is part of the reason why I asked. I tweaked my ankle and arm last night riding so I wont make it this week. I have been trying to get there since we met but really have conflicting schedules. So hopefully next wednesday Ill be able to show up.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Rode da Moon tonight for the first time. Da Moon put me down for a standing eight count in the first round but I finished the round and I'll be back for round two in a couple of weeks. I can indeed attest that no rider is left behind, lol. My ribs took a beating. I spared ya those photos.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Hydef, glad you made it out alive. Maybe not in 1 piece, but alive and still able to pedal some more. Nice to meet you last night. Hope to see you out again at Da Moon.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    HyDef

Thanks for riding, you were a true hardcore rider!

Lee
    NEPMTBA

mtbr member
    Found a pair of full fingered gloves at Moon Lake today. If you are missing them they are under the big log near the first picnic table at the entrance to NW.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    6/25/14

Super ride last night at mOOn

Hot humid and we were all cooler off at the end...
    ...by nice slow rain showers!

Thanks guys for the ride and great conversation

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Riding HGA This Wednesday

Anyone want to ride HGA this Wednesday July 2. I'll be up there ready to ride at 6. All are invited.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    I think I will do a Moon loop then...
    ...ride over from Moon...

...and back to Moon!

Anyone wishing to join my campaign of hilltopia is welcome!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Fun was had last night at da mOOn...
    ...the rain cooled us off a bit!

So if your looking to demo a 2015 Lapierre, stop by next Wednesday

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    9/17/14

The fun continues...
    ...ride da mOOn, 6PM, on trail by 6:15 PM, lots of riders have been enjoying the great trails and company!

So come join us

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Found these old pics from when we first went up Moon Lake back in 2012. The guy on the yellow Specialized was the one that organized the Trials event for RTCC

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6493149&type=3

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Great shots...
    ...thanks for sharing!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    It seems like moon lake is really well liked, I mainly ride the Lackawanna state park, but am looking hit up moon in the upcoming days. Any preference on where to start and ride to for a good hour and a half to two hours? What are everyone's favorite trails?

Thanks guys

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Most of us park outside the main entrance. There is a big rock and the trail starts alongside it. If you haven't got a map, do a search here and print one out. The trails go completely around the whole lake. All vary in style, but just about everyone has rocks and roots. Totally rideable. Depending on your speed you could easily get at least a 1.5 - 2 hour ride in. I ride all of the trails there. Don't really have a favorite. One ride I dowould be Natures way, down access road to Deacon, follow onto Ledgeview, cross access road to 8. Ride 8 to Trex2. Skip lower section of Trex2 and head out to campground and head down ET. Then onto Watkins. Follow road to Twister and Buddys. Go thru woods to 5 Tree and onto Burts and Moto. Out to Big Blue and end with Thorny, and ride thru the field to the car. If you are in the area Saturday there is usually a group that heads out around 10am. I'll be there a bit later. New riders are always welcome.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    ok I got a map off of valley cycles, but sounds good ill have to try it out maybe Friday or sunday afternoon. but thanks for the trail advice!

mtbr member
    May 2014
    There's a fallen tree down on 8. It straddles the trail at about neck level. Damn near took my head off. Cracked my helmet in two. Just hard to see. If there aren't already plans, I'd like permission to cut it down. If not, I'd suggest rerouting that part of the trail.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    If u got a means of cutting it out safely it would save someone else from having to do it. Da moon always welcomes volunteer trail maintenance. Thanks in advance.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    I will cut it out, Wednesday

Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    What a nite for a ride. Might not have been a good idea to ride da moon after all the rain we got but myself and bikergirl weren't alone. Dave, amy, murphy, chris s, wayne, and a few others had the same idea. Traction was minimal. But what a night for a ride.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    10/22/14

Ride da mOOn...
    ...6PM, on trail by 6:15 PM, meet at main gate, bring lights

mtbr member
    The big tree on 8 is gone. I think Lee needs a need chain after that monster.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Yes,

the big, dangerous to cut out, above head level tree has been removed by 2 beavers...
    ...hence the trail is open at the cost of a now, not brand new, anymore, chain!

Ouch... 45 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Where do I send the bill?...LOL

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Fat is where it's at...
    ...looks like mOOn is turning "FAT"...

Join the Fatness 10/29/14...
    ...6 PM, on trail by 6:15 PM, meet at the Main Gate...
    ...regular "non" fat tired bike welcome also!...LOL

Did you ever have ham?
    Damn! I wish I had some lights so I could join the fun! I miss the Wednesday night rides!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

mtbr member
    I know there is this big debate about if it is better to clear leaves from the trail or let them alone. In the past, we have cleared them. It sure made it easier to follow the trails (especially for those not as familiar with the trails). It also made it a little safer through the rocky, technical sections. I am going to head out there Sunday morning, Nov. 2 to get a start on it. If anyone else is interested, let me know. As in the past, the more people we get, the quicker the job gets done

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast