Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Ride da Moon

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

We found lots of slippy rocks to entertain ourselves on...

...Clinton provided the tunes via his I-Pod and speaker, although we did hear the Metallica song 15 times!...LOL

So da Ride... started on NW1, NW2, What, NW2, 5858, Salamander Rd, 5858, Ledgeview, 8, T-Rex1, Edge, down Pappy's Hill, Skinnys, Watkins, Buddys, Big Blue, Thorny, and some rode the pave out!

Nice night, lots of friends, good ride again!

See ya next week

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Idea!

12/12/12

The only time you'll ever be able to Ride da mOOn on 12/12/12...

...be part of history, and you can always remember where you were on 12/12/12

Meet at da Main Gate, 6 PM, on Trail at 6:15PM
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    See ya there

wounded knee
    this will be the last time the month, day, and year will ever be the same, FOREVER!
    A truly historical ride.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    What about 01/01/2101 or 02/02/2202 or 03/03/2103 or 04/04/2104 or 05/05/2105 or 06/06/2106...

Forever is a long time, I'm waiting for a ride on 12/12/121,212 at 12:12:12 PM. I'm planning on coming back as a rock with arms and legs in my next life. I hope they have mountain bikes in 119,200 years or it will be tough to go for the really epic mountain bike ride...

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Woah, way too early for that many numbers...
    ...my eyes just bugged out.

Every second is your last time to live that time!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider6 View Post
    this will be the last time the month, day, and year will ever be the same, FOREVER!
    A truly historical ride.
    Until, the next century. For example, 12/12/2112 will also be 12/12/12.

Be we are due for an 88 year break in x/x/x dates. 01/01/2101 will certainly be a joyous day!

Best,
    Mark

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cr500 View Post
    What about 01/01/2101 or 02/02/2202 or 03/03/2103 or 04/04/2104 or 05/05/2105 or 06/06/2106...

Forever is a long time, I'm waiting for a ride on 12/12/121,212 at 12:12:12 PM. I'm planning on coming back as a rock with arms and legs in my next life. I hope they have mountain bikes in 119,200 years or it will be tough to go for the really epic mountain bike ride...
    Looks like you beat me to it.

Rolling on 650b
    You're all a bunch of Lunartics!

See ya @ 6!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Wish i could have made it. Pulled a hamstring. Enjoy.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

... and if we just ...

Nice crowd tonight...

...split up into two groups, we headed out NW1, NW2, What, NW2, 5858, SR2 Ledgeview, SR2, NFS, Plan B with a split again some hit up TTS, met back up at 8, took 8 down to end, SR2, SR1, Marina(burr cold), Buddys, Twister, Big Blue, Thorny, out.

It was fun to be out on NFS and see our friend Ken Pavlick's Christmas lights up on the ridge, he has a huge solitary star, impressive looking as you ride NFS. With the cold north wind blowing off Ceasetown there was ice on NFS...weeeeeeeeeee

Found icy cruncy places, but still thin mud laying in turns!

12/12/12 complete for the 2000 century...
    Last edited by NEPMTBA; 12-12-2012 at 07:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Sounds like you guys had fun. I could not stay late so I did a solo ride at 3:15 until dark. In a short amount of time, you could really feel the temperature drop. There were some slick spots but overall pretty good considering we had two days of rain. See you guys on Sat.

Rolling on 650b
    Nice ride guys!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    mtnbiker64,

Hope the hammy heals quickly!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

... and if we just ...

So 12/19/12

Ride da mOOOOOOOOOOOOOOn

We're on a roll of good weather for December...
    ...let's have another good ride this Wednesday!

Meet at da Main Gate, 6PM, on trail at 6:15PM

Hope top see ya there enjoying the fun times...
    ...for one of the last times in 2012!
    Last edited by NEPMTBA; 12-17-2012 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Double postest with the mostest changed to different subject

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    What a great night to be out...

...just simply amazing how well the trails dry out at da mOOn. A full day of rain just got soaked up. It was fun to do a way different ride tonight. It would be a super night to camp out. While I was coming back on SR2 I turned out my light and even with the waxing moon I could see perfect.

I promise to not turn my bike into a "gravity" machine again!...LOL

Thanks for a great night on the trails...
    See ya next week!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Ever get on a roll and ya just don't want it to stop?...
    ..today Sunday was just like that at da mOOn for me.

Rolled out the ol'school, GT I-Drive, 5 inch travel, 26er, full susser, adjusted quickly to having these options. It was going to be a fun ride! Decided to head out on the pave to Buddys. Sun was shining and the light wind was cold, so next up was looking for a climb. Go'in Up looked like the way, snow covered as most trails were. At the top via Ol'Yeller and CG 32 headed over to T-Rex1, then a really fun downhill strole on 8. Coming out at the picnic table, proceeding down SR1 to the lake. All riding before this was pure silence, just crunching snow under the tires!

The geese changed the silence with their song as I passed, and got to see an old friend with his doggie French Fry along on his tour today. French Fry didn't want to stop and chat with us as I think he had plan of his own.

Continuing on to go up Dual to Big Blue for a bit of climbing, but not needing to stay warm, as I was cooking by now, it just made for a great
    route. Ended with Thorny BMX then the dirt road to NW2/NW1.

Really didn't want to leave da mOOn, but had to visit with Moto buddies and their Christmas party/ride later today.

Hope I can keep this ride going right through New Years.
    Pics? Nope, not today just pure riding!

mtbr member
    Sounds like you had a great ride. I wish it was a little colder so the ground would be frozen. And yeah, I noticed the geese really liked moon lake today.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Still Roll'in...

...today a bit different as I decided to do a personal "Scot" Trials type of ride, meaning no stopping, and no dabbing! Entertaining one's self sometimes means looking at stuff in a very different way. Thinking about it will only get ya in trouble though. Had to remind myself a few times to stop looking and just ride it...LOL!

Trail conditions were all snow covered trails and some spots sufferenig from ice where wind was blowing acrosss the snow! X-ray vision was needed as I didn't use the studded tires. Nice to have the trails all to myself, only a few tracks on certain trails. Peacful, quiet and just the crunching of snow interupted the calm, until the geese tuned up, and the black crow that followed me in a few places wishing me Merry Christamas with his cackling.

Da ride, started off on NW1, past the park office, down the pave, Peek-A-Boo, Mo-Zee expecting to get my dabs in early, but got through it all clean. The big uphill slippy, and steep, success! T-Rex2 was the next choice for me. Got one dab in the lower section, and well deserved, a hidden slippy root said "not here" to my tire. OK, one in the book. Out to the field and back up to CG32, Edge, Skinnys, didn't dab anymore, but I was only along for the ride at a few points as it was icy and tricky...LOL Watkins, SR1, up through the picnic area all the way up to Thorny BMX back out to the pave and NW2/NW1.

Riding a mt bike in the snow really maintains and helps with tech skills. Lots of slipping and correcting. Ending up with no stops and only one dab made for a great day.

A few hours at da mOOn was a great warm up for the Moto Trials ride at Joey's later on this fantastic Christmas Day! What a better way to end Christmas, friends, Moto riding, a big fire and BBQ after a bit of slippy side hill tormenting hosted by Joey and family. I will remember it for quite a while!

To my fishing friends... fellas the report is "ice has formed" across from the overflow. Looks as if the north wind continues, ice will cover in a day or two. I'm ready for the party!

FISH ON!
    Rode da mOOn

Ride da mOOn Moderator

... and if we just ...

The ride for 12/26/12 will be a bit early at 12:00 nOOn at da mOOn...
    ...hosted by Beardman!

Thread here:
    Decemeber 26th 2012

I highly doubt anyone would come out to ride mt bikes at 6PM during the snow storm anyway, as the weather forecast calls for bad road conditions later on Wednesday 12/26/12

Ride da Snowy mOOn...
    ...bring on the boards!

Did you ever have ham?
    I rode NW1 to NW2 to What without dabbing...LMAO!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Nice!

No Dabs! You da man!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

In an effort to send the year out in style...

...cr500, Rhines, bilbo, beardman, and myself hit the trails for one last time in 2012. All ready snow covered the ride started with a jaunt on NW1, Ledgeview, 8, T-Rex1, T-Rex2, and it started to snow just like the blizzard they predicted.

Looking to be the foolish types we are Screamer would be our next choice, Yee Haa downhilling on the newly added snowcovered path. Needless to say we all got down in one piece, and slid through the Squeezer...

...but to Fat Dogs disliking as we dusted him. Barking and yelping as if we were going to leave him for the coyotes! Coyotes would run from him! Sux to have such short front legs when running full speed downhill!...LOL. He needs 9 or 10 speed components!

Farm Road was next followed by Mo-Zee to Dual(a pretty much featureless trail)that Rhines and I promote as "GREAT" trail... LOL At least we like it. Up to da Nature Center and onto Big Blue, now with dropping tempetures lots of unfriendly ice appeared. Thorny BMX and out.

Wind just a howling snow blinding drifts "WOW" almost sounds like a blizzard. The ride ended with us dusting off our cars and Fat Dog getting a bit of brushing off too!

Driving home Rhines got to see my corrective maneuvers in the middle of the road as the Factory Ford Focus just would not hook and turn! Damn disc brakes needs V-brakes like my bikes. No prob take the next exit 180 out and try from a different angle!

Lessons learned? NOPE, Just Ride...
    ...last of da mOOn 2012 completed, Snow kidding!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    That was my first official snow ride and I had a blast! Didn't even hear a sound in the woods....the infamous calm before the storm. Thanks everyone for a good year at the Moon!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

So we have migrated to this thread:

Ride or Ski da mOOn 2012/2013 Saturday & Wednesday Nights

due to the skiing and snow...

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast