Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ride da mOOn Moderator

Smile Ride da mOOn 10/7/12 with Jim... LOL

Our friend Jim is coming up from SEPA to Ride da mOOn again...

...This time he is bringing friends, so as host we get to do another Ride da mOOn Sunday October 7th.

Lets keep it fun for all, by starting with one big group and having a social bailoff to a shorter more friendly loop(read less climbing/less miles)

I'll work on a different loop than last time, and again I'll have a cooler with ice/water located at the halfway point, feel free to put your stuff in it.

We should do a simple cookout after the ride... post up what your bringing, so others know what to bring. We could use the pavillion by the lake, as it has picnic tables to dine on. If the pavillion is busy by the lake since the lake will be stocked with trout first week of October, there are other pavillions we could use.

Please post up if your coming...

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I am going to bring apple cider, ring baloney,hot pepper cheese, munster cheese, also I have another person interested in coming up and possibly 2 more. What type of ride are we in for? Single speed, full suspension or geared hard tail?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Idea!

I'll take a backseat this time since I got to pick the last time...

...letting someone else choose a great route this time. I don't know who is in yet, but if DR6, Ron, Justin, Buddy123, Mark, Chriffer, bear, or many of the other Moon Riders can choose. I can help with the map if we need one. Let's see others input, OK?

Maybe the HCGA guys wanna chime in and add their trails to the ride or mod the ride. I still have the "Escape thee mOOns Gravity Ride" in the back of my mind if anyone wants to do an Epic loop like we did a few times.

This week I will get the old connection with Atherton Rd opened up thus allowing us to come in off Atherton Rd onto 5 Tree trail at mOOn. That will shorten the grind up the Dirt rd and eliminate some of that Dirt Rd putting us on singletrack quicker. On the other side Nitemare trail already has a realy short connector with White Oak Drive(paved) fopr access from that side of mOOn trails.

Anyway, Jim have no fear, we will have a great ride, might be better to bring gears and squish!

PS, just an important side note: HCGA is private property and only on days we are invited to ride do we do so, I'm not trying to open up a big everyday loop with mOOn, but just have ready access trails to allow more options when they are avaliable. Thanks for you respect!
    Last edited by NEPMTBA; 10-01-2012 at 11:34 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I remember Ron telling me he was going on a charity ride Saturday, so I will ride Swatara after the Lehigh velodrome flee market saturday just to level the leg soreness HAHA

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I'll be there. Lee I have an idea for a loop I'll pm you

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quick question?? Where do we plan on starting from? Moon Main Gate?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by RRHINES View Post
    Quick question?? Where do we plan on starting from? Moon Main Gate?
    I read your PM...
    ...yes, great loop... post it Woo Hoo...!!!!!!!!!!!!... LOL
    ...start at Main Gate, lots of parking and everyone knows about that location.

Forgot to add...
    ...everyone invited as always

and we can have a split somewhere for the more social group!

Thanks

Ride Radical Ron's Moon Loop...
    ...with Jim and friends!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    well whats the loop ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    The loop will be the following: NW2, What, 5858 to Deacon, up all of Deacon, ledgeview, 8 (at the salamander sign), edge, down skinny's, watkins, slide, nitemare, burts, moto, 5tree, big blue, twister, buddy's ,watkins, going up, trex2, trex1, back down all of 8 up the rocky section of 5858 after 8, nw1 and out.

This will have alot of trail that Jim did not see his 1st time up. We will have our fair share of up's and down's and it we will cover alot of ground since people will be traveling a few hours to ride and I want them to have plenty of time on the trails to make it worth their while.

As Lee said we can split up into a groups. Sunday the weather looks like a nice cool fall day!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I will be up from NOVA, what time you planning for this shindig to kick off? I'll have my rebuilt Ellsworth Truth, can't wait to give it a go on da m00n!! My cell is 703-282-0535. How about I bring chips/dip and scoops/salsa? Is SEPA the York group? I'll be arriving in Hamlin Friday night and heading back home Tuesday.
    Later,
    Steve

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I have to work Sun morning, but I'll be out afterwards.

With luck I'll bring something to share, depends on how lazy I get.

:P

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Idea!

Section 1:

Start Main Gate, NW2, What, 5858 to Deacon, up all of Deacon, Ledgeview, 8 (at the salamander sign), Edge, down Skinny's, Watkins,(The cooler with water will be here)

At this point you an bail on the paved road back to your cars or past the lake(Marina dirt road) left up to the parking lot after the lake. If your bailing at this pont or anywhere else please "tell someone" so we know you got out OK... You can drive your cars to the pavilion to eat and wait for the rest to arrive after the longer ride.

Section 2:

Longer harder ride will be continuing from Watkin's, up Slide, Nitemare, Burts, Moto, 5tree, Big Blue, Twister, Buddy's, Watkins, Go'in Up, T-Rex2, T-Rex1, back down all of 8 up the rocky section of 5858 after 8, NW1 and out.

Pavilion? Have we decided on where we will cook, as I have said before it would be better to assemble at the newest pavilion by the main office as trout are being stocked this week an the pavilion by the lake might be taken or very busy. Wednesday, I will gather wood and place it under the pavilion.

Cooking, we will need someone to man the grills or fire. Does anyone have a portable gas grill to bring along just in case?

For our great crew of local mOOn riders: We will have new friends not familiar with mOOn so... the first section we will take a few more breaks for slower riders to catch up, section 2 can be much faster with less breaks, but let's not loose anyone.

Thanks to all... I hope all this info isn't overkill, but we wanna have another great ride and keep everyone safe and informed.

Maps coming...
    Last edited by NEPMTBA; 10-02-2012 at 10:01 AM.

wounded knee
    I'm in sounds like a great ride.
    Not sure what I'm bringing yet.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    We will start the ride at Noon at the Main gate leaving enough time for those traveling up.

Bring whatever you want as we are trying to get a small grill so maybe we can cook up some hot dogs and burgers for after the ride...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm pretty sure we can open up some rocks to ride on this weekend.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Jim has PMed me and concerned with the weather.

RRHINES, I have Jim's ph number so we need to watch the weather, total washout prolly not worth it for him to travel up here.

Stand by...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The weekend doesn't look all that nice for sure. Keep next week in mind if you wash-out. It may be a good option with a lot of stuff going on. Maybe a get wood weekend

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Building or burning or both?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I say wait until how the weather looks by Friday and we can decide?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    getting and splitting, I have to return the splitter next week

fish
    Oct 2012
    Sounds like a fun ride as always. Mtbiker64 and I wull be in WV for my nieces birthday so we will have to miss another fun ride. Hopefully next time. Live Love Ride
    Don't Limit your Challenges...Challenge your Limits!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    If the weather looks good I should be able to make it!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Count me in this weekend or the next! I've let Jim down the last couple or rides and refuse to do so again. Also I really wanna see what all fuss is about the Moon

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Just spoke with Jim. If it is raining in the morning he will not be attending and we will ride another time. I am going to check the weather at 7am and text him. 50% chance of rain as of now and it would not be ideal for him and his friends to drive 2hrs to ride in non-ideal conditions...I will update in the morning....

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

I agree Jim should not travel up if it is raining...

...ride is "not" canceled as I'm riding regardless

I rode Hunlocks today in the rain and slippy rocks, and tomorrow it's Ride da mOOn in da rain and slippy rocks, for me!

So, if ya wanna get wet, dirty up your bike, hone your techy riding skills, join me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast