mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Rental Cabin/House- State College for 8?

Thanks for all the input on my last post folks. We decided to do the state college trip. NY state was not too popular a choice for some reason.

So now were looking for a vacation/rental cabin/house for 8 people. In west virginia last year we found some sweet deals.

Anyone know the name of any places near the state college riding that has rental properties? No hotels...ive searched the wqeb and its not so easy to find.

thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    wow, i'm not so sure and i even live here. try posting on nittanymba.org and see if you get any better luck. there's got to be something i'm missing, but my head's all fuzzy at the moment, sorry

3 "fiddy" for short
    Check the Fishermans Paradise area. THis is....well.... a prime flyfishing area and there were some rental cottages around Spring Creek. As strange as it sounds, check some fly fishing sites that talk about the SC area and Im sure that they have some hook ups that you may be able to take advantage of.

Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005
    that area is way to far to actually ride to the trails from, but the fly fishing angle is not a bad one. there is potentially some closer to Rothrock, but even the stuff towards Spruce creek would be really far to ride from, if there was anything like what you are looking for, those tend to be more upscale b&b type places.

mtbr member
    if you dont mind roughing it a little then try looking into cabins at any state parks that are in that area. they have been upgrading the cabins at a lot of pa state parks recently. http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/index.aspx

W.M.A.
    check here... not sure how close this is to where you want to be...

http://www.cyberrentals.com/USA/Penn.../1/p311332.htm

also look on vrbo.com and other rental by owner sites...

good luck!

Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005
    unfortunately there are no cabins at greenwood furnace or Penn Roosevelt state parks, the two that are right near the riding these guys are looking to do

Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005
    Aaronsburg is down the road a bit, 20-30 minutes by car from the good riding in Rothrock
    I took a look at the vbro site too and was suprized to find nothing in state college itself.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    how close is the raystown lake area? there are a ton of rentals there.

mtbr member
    Raystown is not too far if you wish to stick to the Southern, Greenwood Furnace, part of Rothrock. There is a little riding in the Raystown area, not much. The Raystown managers and NMBA are working on correcting that this year.