mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Recommended LBS in Philly?

I'm currently here in Philly visiting my sister. Any good shops around here that I can visit. I'm not looking for anything in specific, maybe a few bike jerseys, but basically just want to see what they have to offer.

By the way, I'm basically a trail rider with a 5.5" travel frame, so anything in this riding style please. Thanks!

International Lover

Bicycle Therapy

Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Thanks! Aside from Spesh and Niner, do they carry other brands?

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Human Zoom has always been good to me. It's off of Main St. in Manayunk: http://humanzoom.com/

They have a nice selection of bikes too if that's what you're looking for

those are Rollercams...
    Just outside Philly in Bucks County, Feasterville specifically, Guys Bicycles.

Truly a wealth of useless information.

http://blackdogadventureteam.blogspot.com/

My Ass is My Pilot
    Wiss-Cycles the One And Only
    B.O.S/S Shampoo Now with More No More Gears! 34/18
    Ride With B.O.S/S

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Addresses please?

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Wissahickon Cyclery. 7837 Germantown Ave. Philly.

But, I think for most on here....It's obvious that you have access to a computer (you are posting on the forums) and it comes off as you're a little too lazy to either click on the link(s) already provided to get the address(es) yourself. Or to do the obvious and Google the shop(s). (Like I just did for you to get the address for Wiss.)

That being said, are you right IN the city? Or, in one of the many 'burbs that are around the city?
    Give us that info. and you'll probably have a LOT more suggestions for the fave shops of the folks on here.

Post a little more info. as to where you're staying, maybe places you'll be and things that you'll be doing while here (hopefully, getting a ride in!) :-)
    and we'll try to help you out with a little more lengthy list of shops to hit up!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

HopHeads, Unite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster
    ...snip...

But, I think for most on here....It's obvious that you have access to a computer (you are posting on the forums) and it comes off as you're a little too lazy to either click on the link(s) already provided to get the address(es) yourself. Or to do the obvious and Google the shop(s). (Like I just did for you to get the address for Wiss.)

...snip...
    Welcome to Philly, Bee-atch!

http://www.phillymtb.com/ is worth a look as well.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Sorry 'bout that... :-)

I didn't intend to come off as so, "Of the area" and sound so harsh.
    Just came off of working two "twelves" (hours) in a row Wed/Thurs. and was just a little sick (no pun intended) of dealing with people. (I'm a pharmacist)

Kind of why I felt a little bad and followed up with wanting to help more if the poster followed up with a little more detail. Would love to help out!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

HopHeads, Unite!
    Hey, happens to everyone at some point. No worries. I just figured I'd try to make light of it. Hopefully the OP got some decent info.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

I took it in stride...

Had a good chuckle, actually!

Felt especially bad after checking the OP's personal info. and finding that they're from out of the country....

I came off looking like every single person (fan) that's interviewed on TV after an Eagles game! (No backlash needed here folks.... you all know what I mean and know that it's true! I grew up here and am qualified to make that statement. Typical Philly...that's all!

Hope that I didn't scare the OP off...

Lugboot. Your avatar now has me thinking about going to buy a case of Troeg's!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

HopHeads, Unite!
    Damn straight.

Espresso Stout coming out in early November....still hafta wait a couple months for the Nugget.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Victory just released a more "sessionable" Stoudt. Not like the 9% StormKing. Don't know about it's bottled avail. though.
    I just picked up a case of Stoudt's APA for the weekend as my local mom and pop shop here in New Holland (pretty much a Bud drinkers paradise... they don't carry many micros) is the only game in town and they didn't have any Troegs at all.
    But, no problem. I've been sticking to the "local" stuff (Victory/Stoudts/Troegs) anyway. Except for a case of Rogue Red Ale recently.

BUT.... john85D..... Where are you so that we can throw out some shops for you to hit up over the weekend?

(Don't want to poach the post.)
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugboot
    Welcome to Philly, Bee-atch!!
    Hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster
    Sorry 'bout that... :-)

I didn't intend to come off as so, "Of the area" and sound so harsh.
    Just came off of working two "twelves" (hours) in a row Wed/Thurs. and was just a little sick (no pun intended) of dealing with people. (I'm a pharmacist)

Kind of why I felt a little bad and followed up with wanting to help more if the poster followed up with a little more detail. Would love to help out!
    No worries! Well, I actually did a little googling before posting here, but really couldn't get any info if the hits I got from google were any good since they were just, well....links. Couldn't tell if the shops I found are good shops or not.

I'm somewhere in the Northern Liberties according to my sister. I don't really know if I can squeeze in a ride coz the weather is soo damn cold, just standing outside is making me freeze. I'm not used to these temperatures and I can't imagine how it would be with a 20kph head wind. Do you guys even ride in these temperatures?

I'll have a look at the shop you guys suggested, so far Bicycle Therapy seems to be close. Thanks!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Lee at Bike Therapy is a good guy...

Get a tshirt hook up to take back with you!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!