mtbr member
    May 2007

Recommend LBS for Shock Maintenance?

Can anyone recommend a bike shop for maintaining or repairing a Fox fork? Somewhere between the Lehigh Valley and Philly?

or

Should I send it into the manufacturer?

I've never done any preventative maintenance or repairs to my Fox float RL fork, even after ~2,500 miles on the bike . It has performed very well but the ride isn't as nice as it once was. It might just need air. Or it could be a bigger issue. Rather then mess around with proprietary oil and using special tools that I don't own, I'd rather have a professional do the work.

My regular bike shop is great. But it's a small shop and they are mostly road bike guys. I don't think they have much experience with suspensions.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Try JB Mountain Bikes, just south of Reading

http://www.jbmountainbikes.com/index.asp

If anyone in this area services Fox shocks directly, it'd be him. If not, I'm sure he'd know where to get it taken care of.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Try

Saucon Valley Bikes in hellertown. Josh worked on my Fox Float and did great work. I heard the same thing from some other folks.

W.M.A.
    if you are gonna send it out - so it up right and send it to PUSH. then you'll get it serviced and dialed in.

http://www.pushindustries.com/

i havent used them, but have heared great things.

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    If you are willing to drop the dough, get it PUSHed, if not SV in hellertown is a great shop!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thank you all for the guidance.

I'm going to have Saucan Valley do the work. I don't think the fork is in too bad of shape - it just needs some love from a competent mechanic.

Good to know about the PUSH option though. After perusing the Suspension Forum, it seems like practically everybody has gone this route. Clearly, I need to spend less time living under rocks and more time riding over them.